Compliance Officer - Deposits
Compliance Officer - Deposits
Job Number: 21-09075
Eclaro is currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer - Deposits for one of their financial services clients in Cleveland, OH.
Eclaro’s client is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies with assets over $130Billion. This position is a direct hire and will be responsible for leading a large team of UX/UI Designers in a collaborative environment.
Eclaro International is currently recruiting for Compliance Officer - Deposits for one of our financial services clients.
- The Compliance Officer will be a member of the designated Deposit Compliance team within Compliance Risk Management.
- The Compliance Officer will provide support to various lines of business by researching, interpreting and assisting with applying the assigned laws and regulations to each applicable line of business.
- As subject matter expert for their assigned laws and regulations, the Compliance Officer will provide consultative advice across all lines of business related to compliance.
- The Compliance Officer will perform oversight activities and assume responsibility for mitigating and discouraging actions that may expose KeyCorp and its affiliates to risk outside its desired risk appetite.
- For assigned lines of business and/or regulations, serve as the corporate subject matter expert across the designated lines of business.
- Develop relationships of trust and confidence with the designated lines of business.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of line of business processes and controls.
- Proactively identify process improvements or control gaps and facilitate necessary associated changes.
- Keep abreast of new laws and regulations.
- Assist with regulatory compliance exams.
- Assist with corporate policy and training development.
- Educate and provide consultative advice on assigned regulations.
- Provide independent review and challenge on various line of business activities.
- Participate in or lead various projects related to mitigating risk to Key.
- Bachelor's Degree required; substantial industry experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree; Juris Doctorate or CRCM preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a financial services compliance professional, bank regulator or other comparable legal experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the banking industry, particularly deposit product offerings, the systems supporting them, and call center or contact center environments.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret federal and state laws that apply to the designated lines of business and other areas related to Regulations D, E, J, CC, DD, and II, the E-Sign Act, unclaimed property, garnishment, or deposit insurance (12 CFR 330, 360.9, and 370).
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills.
- Candidate must possess the wherewithal and flexibility to undertake new functions/tasks as the Compliance Risk and line of business evolves and grows.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Sound decision-making skills; able to make decisions independently and quickly.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Sound understanding of compliance risks.
- Strong research skills coupled with strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
If interested, you may contact:
Audrei Cortez | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.