Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Compliance Analyst for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a global insurance and investment company that provides property, casualty, accident & health insurance for commercial clients. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Compliance Analyst will primarily be responsible for managing and assisting with all aspects of the client’s compliance programs including managing online employee compliance training, Office of Foreign Asset Control ( "OFAC”) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act ( "FCPA”) compliance monitoring, and various other compliance tasks relating to the operations of the client’s international and domestic property and casualty insurance business. This position will also support the Litigation Counsel with the management of client’s consumer complaint process.
- Manage online compliance training program for all employees provided through compliance vendors by selecting compliance courses, tracking course completion, assisting employees and keeping records on compliance training.
- Maintain headcount records and coordinate relevant employee information with compliance and anti-fraud service vendors.
- Handle daily volume of requests or inquiries in connection with economic sanction (e.g. OFAC) screening protocols.
- Identify and analyze monthly expense report exceptions for FCPA compliance.
- Administer and oversee penalty disclosure and reimbursement process.
- Administer the consumer complaints response process through maintaining the consumer complaints database, corresponding and gathering information with third party administrators and managing general agents, drafting response letters for attorney review and keeping records.
- Research and analyze relevant state statutes and regulations.
- Correspond with state Departments of Insurance through e-mail, telephone calls and written correspondence as necessary.
- Maintain files in compliance with state regulations.
- Complete special compliance projects and assignments as needed.
- Job performance expectations include working within a team environment, handling multiple priorities, attention to detail and building strong relationships with co-workers.
- 3+ years of related compliance experience within the insurance industry
- College degree
- Strong project management, organizational, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency conducting online legal research
- Ability to use judgment, tact, and discretion to spearhead various compliance projects
- Detail oriented and deadline driven with strong organizational skills to maintain records
- Dedicated approach towards the performance of assigned work with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to follow established workflows and guidelines
Interested in applying?
Contact Maria Fe Navarro at maria.navarro@eclaro or you may also contact 513-725-0112.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.