Job Number: 21-04997
Job Number: 21-04997
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a Cobol Programmer for our client in Trenton, NJ.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector - giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Development and documentation of business requirements (business needs) for the proposed new or existing system, posing various questions in order to obtain the correct business requirements. Create mock-ups of assigned modules and/or LMAP's using best practices and industry standards
- Codes, tests and implements new software and/or enhancements to existing software by breakdown of program specifications into the simplest elements and translation into programming language, including COBOL, CICS, IMS, DB2, JCL and MQ
- Works with database administrators on the creation of extracts using best practices and industry standards. In consultation with Management and database specialists, assists in the creation of database schemas, triggers, procedures and packages
- Responsible for assisting in the development of test plans and data, the creation and development of test scenarios. Performs unit, load and performance testing in addition to working with other developers and QA unit to perform integration testing. While reviewing and monitoring the code, the individual is responsible for thoroughly testing the software for accurate results and ensures that code meets coding standards and business specifications
- As a senior developer, assists in the creation and build of development and test regions; working with the network administrators for the deployment of files
- Create the build for the testing environment. Ensure all modules are labeled in the version control software repository and deployed changes are available to be tested by the QA unit
- Take part in scrum and team meetings. Coordinate with other members of the development team so that modules and objects integrate. Participate in peer code reviews. Provide routine reports to DOL Supervisors and Managers
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Lea Enriquez | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.