Cloud Solutions Engineer
Cloud Solutions Engineer
Job Number: 21-12343
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Cloud Solutions Engineer for our client in Alpharetta, GA.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Primary function is to deliver IaC automation which provides repeatable, reliable solutions using Terraform and GitHub.
- Enable tooling and process so that all L1/L2 operations can be done by more traditional NOC teams and remain the L3 escalation point for Cloud incidents and requests.
- Drive automation to replace manual operations
- Deliver automation to address new features and defects as part of our platform releases.
- Aid with application implementations using primarily Linux technology on AWS
- Assist and oversight production releases while partnering with internal teams to identify requirements for operational monitoring and optimization
- Review and identify IaaS issues or concerns
- Ensure alignment to cloud standards and best practices
- Follow the enterprise change management process to deploy fully tested and documented solutions/applications to a production environment
- Interprets and advise on usage to optimize, maximizing utilization of deployed resources and reduce spend
- Maintain and develop our growing Terraform infrastructure-as-code library which we use to deploy infrastructure and applications
- Collaborate with Cloud Architects and Solution Engineers to deliver projects
- Train development teams and new users on services and automation capabilities
- Provide tier 2 and 3 production operational support
- Potential for off-hours incident response
- Actively engage with peer technical teams as appropriate to ensure a holistic approach
- Willingness to learn new and emerging technologies and implement in a short time
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Self-motivated, innovative and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams.
- Must be self-directed and willing to learn new tools and services to stay up-to-date with our evolving platforms
- Ability to communicate to non-technical and technical resources
- Must have - Ability to write and implement infrastructure as code and platform automation (Terraform preferred)
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code Terraform, Ansible etc.
- Strong public cloud provider experience (AWS certification a plus)
- Strong operating system and admin knowledge of the Linux platform using shell scripting
- Working knowledge of DevOps and delivery tools (GitHub)
- Practical experience with modern scripting languages (Python, .Net, C#, Java)
- Practical understanding of infrastructure technologies - compute, network, storage
- Ability to relate to software engineering challenges and practices
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent on the job, hands on experience.
- 3+ years of overall IT experience, proficient with the Linux platform
- 2+ years with Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and platforms
- 2+ years of automated solutions and implementation of highly scalable, highly available services
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies
- Understanding of application development including application servers, middleware, systems management, monitoring, configuration management, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.