Cloud Solutions Engineer
Cloud Solutions Engineer
Job Number: 21-04933
Job Number: 21-04933
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Cloud Solutions Engineer for our client in Alpharetta, GA.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Cloud Solutions Engineer will provide input to the Cloud Center of Excellence for a cross-functional technology team in delivering solutions for development and deployment of a hybrid cloud infrastructure platform to meet critical technology and business requirements.
- This position is responsible for delivering on strategies and designing solutions that will align the use of cloud services and technologies to the published cloud roadmap.
- Solution Design, Delivery and Support turning business needs into technology solutions. It encompasses many of the functions, such as project management, gathering business requirements, design, development, implementing into production, and support and maintenance.
- Provide experienced leadership in developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services
- Assist Cloud Architecture in creating cloud compute standards, identifying and mitigating risks with technology, and help drive solutions for the enterprise
- Create, modify, and adapt cloud compute platform to build products to be consumed by Client application development
- Actively engage with peer technical teams as appropriate to ensure a holistic approach to planning and problem solving when needed
- Influence standards and platform(s) for future application development and help develop team members to utilize the technologies
- Provide input into best practices with automation, systems management, processes, standards, application performance, capability, tuning, storage and network
- Help facilitate solutions meetings with business partners and technologies teams to build consensus and decisions without compromising delivery and/or service
- Identify alignment of existing application portfolio to cloud standards and services
- Be a highly motivated and active within multiple work streams and manage deliveries accordingly across multiple projects
- Evaluate new technologies that could be beneficial to the enterprise
- Ability to analyze problems, align solutions, and articulate those in a clear discernible manner
- Communicate with all levels of the organization, senior leadership to professional staff
- Keeps abreast of business, operational, and technology trends that may affect the portfolio and strategy
- Coach and mentor technical professionals
- Advanced infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Public cloud provider expertise (AWS)
- Managed services experience creating, managing, and delivering
- Worked in a Platform development environment building products and services.
- Experience with IT transformation - data center consolidations and migration
- Knowledge of delivery models (Kanban)
- ITIL (foundational level, but exposure to more detail than foundation is often necessary)
- Consulting skills - able to communicate ideas, design solutions, and market them across the company
- Understanding of the need for governance, risk, security, and compliance
- 10+ years of overall IT experience and implementation of highly scalable, highly available infrastructure, solutions and services
- 5+ years' experience with Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions
- Experience with large cloud migration, integration and consolidation projects
- Understanding of Operating Systems, storage, network, enterprise service bus/messaging, SOA, and hardware
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies
- In depth knowledge of application development including application servers, middleware, systems management, monitoring, configuration management, capacity planning and performance tuning, highly availability architectures.
- Strong organizational, task, and project management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated DevOps understanding including automation and continuous delivery
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Eileen Sares | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.