Cloud/Linux Engineer Lead
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Cloud/ Linux Engineer Lead for our client in Secaucus, NJ. This is a contract/direct placement position located at our client's site.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide input to engineering & release management strategy, methodology, standards and leading practices.
- Provide input to infrastructure architectures
- Work to guarantee smooth, predictable and timely delivery of application releases and/or updates.
- Create, review, publish and manage Major/Minor release plans, formal release notification, deployment instructions and launch plans as needed.
- Lead and participate in the development and refinement of processes related to the management of the server infrastructure
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Determine the resource requirements to support the project plan
- Manage and maintain multiple test environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each release/project as scheduled.
- Manage the triage process of complex build/deployment problems, release and environment issues and defects/bugs in a multi-component environment.
- Determine the readiness of each release based on release criteria; quality of release, production environment readiness, training and support plans, rollout and back out plans, and risk management plan.
- Manage the document repositories (SharePoint) to ensure they contain relevant and applicable documentation for the applicable readers.
- Work closely with:
- Global Leads to understand strategic goals/objectives and translate into actionable plans
- Service Introduction, to be aligned with the Release and Capacity management strategy.
- Solutions Delivery to build solutions as part of end-to-end projects.
- Program Office on resource planning and sourcing for projects.
- Global Operations managers to effectively and efficiently support systems.
- Vendors in the context of projects.
- Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifies and addresses server engineering strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
- Makes key decisions based upon solid understanding of IT Services principles; firm and business objectives and needs analysis.
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people to balance demands
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comprehend the conflicting priorities of multiple work streams and be able to articulate needs and propose solutions is required. The successful candidate will have good working knowledge of complex IT Infrastructures, Release Management processes, Testing processes and Change Control procedures.
- Applies judgment in implementing ITIL service lifecycle / engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage technical challenges on multiple project/program simultaneously.
- Experience in minimizing technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Excellent leadership qualities required to lead and manage high performing application engineering teams which deliver technical value that relates to business value.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to lead and motivate technical teams that deliver quality services
- Understanding of resource management, communication management, cost management, risk management, quality management, and integration management.
- Good understanding of version control system (), incident tracking tools () and build/deployment tools ().
- Experience in Continuous Integration and delivery process.
- Experience in defining process and procedures to manage the release cycle for both Major feature releases and cycles of Minor Releases.
- Experience with working with rapid, overlapping product release cycles.
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, implementing applications through logical life cycles
- Strong understanding of overall Application and Infrastructure Architecture.
- Facilitation skills to lead teams and successful meetings
- Extensive knowledge of organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies that will be used to guide the technical work of Technical Teams assigned to programs/projects.
- Proven experience with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
- Proven experience in managing diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Proven experience in Cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of server hardware (rack, blade and hypervisors).
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat products.
- Proven experience with open source technologies
- A degree in Computer Science/Management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Approximately 7+ yearsexperience building, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide solutions.
- Experience in Service and Solution Design.
- Overall understanding of the business objectives of service lines and core business services departments.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing flexible sourcing options to deliver application engineering services.
- Demonstrated experience in working with application vendors /external resource providers and managing key vendor contacts to deliver value for the money.
- 3+ years of technical lead experience.
- 3+ years Project Management experience (preferred)
- Certification Requirements:
- RHCE on RHEL 7 (Desirable)
- ITIL v3 Foundations (must) or higher (preferred)
- PMP (preferred)
Interested in applying? Contact Jeanine Hastings at 646-755-9303, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.