Clinical - Pharmacovigilance (PV) Scientist Pharmacovigilance (PV) Scientist
Pharmacovigilance (PV) Scientist
Job Number: 21-16927
Job Number: 21-16927
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Pharmacovigilance (PV) Scientist for our client in Summit, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Worldwide Patient Safety group is responsible for ensuring the safety of our medicines: The Worldwide Patient Safety group is responsible for pharmacovigilance and pharmaco-epidemiology deliverables including single case and aggregate safety monitoring, safety reporting, contribution to benefit-risk assessment, risk management planning and strategy, and execution of certain post-marketing commitments and ensuring compliance with global regulatory requirements.
- Support Medical Safety Assessment Physicians (MSAP) in leading Safety Data Review (SDR) Teams.
- Appropriately perform core signal detection activities and elevate program or portfolio issues impacting key MST programs, priorities, resources, and milestones with appropriate oversight.
- Author responses for safety data queries and contribute to specified PV sections of the Periodic Benefit Risk Evaluation Report (PBRER) and Development Safety Update Report (DSUR).
- Ensure pharmacovigilance regulatory compliance with oversight, as needed.
- Lead Safety Data Review (SDR) Teams and participate in related PV and product-development subteam(s). Appropriately elevate signal detection findings impacting key MST activities, milestones, and documents to the MST Chair. Support individuals in aspects of project management, drug development and MST requirements, as appropriate to meet overall MST/subteam needs.
- Author and contribute to specified PV sections of the PBRERs and DSURs with oversight, as needed
- Author responses to safety data queries from health authorities including coordination and integration of scientific, medical, and regulatory input from a variety of scientific sources and functional groups, as needed to support responses to safety data/ad hoc queries and HA requests.
- Perform periodic review and summary of pertinent safety-related literature and analysis of pre-determined core signal data.
- Collaborate within and across Client functions with appropriate disciplines to identify and ensure management of internal and external documentation and support when required.
- Apply knowledge of product goals, strategy, drug development stage milestones, partnership agreement, HA commitments, and individual functional area responsibilities. Share with individuals and teams on these applied learnings.
- Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3 to 5 years BS/RN; 1 to 3 years MS/PharmD/PhD/MD, or equivalent relevant Pharmaceutical Industry experience; Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Working understanding of medical concepts and some familiarity with safety activities in drug development and postmarketing and global safety health authority requirements.
- Working understanding of team priorities and milestones. Ability to manage timelines and quality of work using organizational and interpersonal communication skills. Appropriately communicates items that could impact timelines or quality.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Good collaborative and communication skills with scientific subject matter.
- Attention to detail along with strong scientific, analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to reach reasoned conclusions. Ability to understand complex medical-scientific data from a broad range of disciplines (eg, clinical trial laboratory data, nonclinical data, postmarketing reports, scientific literature, and regulatory documents).
- Understand aspects and methods for data analysis, interpretation and presentation.
- Possess good working skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including statistics
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.