Claims Intake Representative
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Claims Intake Representative for our client in Cleveland, OH.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!Under the direction of the Claims Intake Manager, the Claims Intake Representative must respond to the daily phone interactions with our beneficiaries/insureds and our Client Agents as it relates to the notification of death or disability waiver, sending the necessary requirements to the beneficiary/insured to complete and handling of our simplified paperless claims processing.
Training & Development:
- Must be able to problem solve by providing information, processing transactions or directing requests to other functional business teams.
- Expected to negotiate and provide alternatives and options during phone calls.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to fact find and gather information, making appropriate decisions with focus on first call resolution with little facilitation.
- Responsible for stretch assignments assigned by the manager.
- Strong ability to grasp new concepts quickly and present the information with a strong level of confidence and professionalism.
- Required to attend classroom and online trainings specific to the claims process.
- Answer incoming calls from Agents and Clients while processing applicable transactions during call and creating work items in Automatic Work Flow (AWF) as necessary
- Establish high quality customer relationships - using information resources and own technical knowledge to respond to external and internal inquiries
- Active involvement in stretch assignments, i.e., enhancing claims knowledge through e-learnings and classroom led training
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of administrative and mainframe systems needed to process service functions and perform at a fast pace with high accuracy and quality
- Develop expert knowledge of all products in assigned skill sets, software applications and processes
- Demonstrate high proficiency in subjective metrics, i.e., customer service focus, effective communication, technical knowledge, professional growth/engagement, accountability/dependability, technical knowledge and decision making
- Focus on specific team metrics, i.e., quality monitoring, security verification, adherence to schedule, production, attendance, and quality processing
- Claims Intake Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing.
- Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience 3.0 PGA Preferred
- 1 to 3 years of customer service experience required in a related field
- Strong PC skills to include Word, Excel, Lotus Notes with the ability to navigate multiple applications during call handling
If you're interested, please send your resume to:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.