Checkpoint Security Engineer
Checkpoint Security Engineer
JobDiva # 19-04522
JobDiva # 19-04522
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a
Checkpoint Security Engineer for our client in Maryville, OH.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Position Overview: The primary objective of this position is to provide operational support to a large customer located in Ohio providing onsite 8 to 5 normal business day support and as required after normal business hours support. The position works closely with other groups and vendors to provide exceptional customer support. As a Security Architect you will be the lead technical resource for Checkpoint technologies for the customer leading all security tasks related to Checkpoint Security Gateways and Security Blades architecture.
As a Checkpoint Security Engineer, you will be required to have experience and extensive knowledge of Check Point Next Generation Firewalls and a clear understanding of Firewall and Local Area Networking around Cisco campus and data center networking components. Your primary responsibilities will be to assist with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, support and sustainment of Checkpoint components.
- Troubleshoot Checkpoint Security Gateway Installations
- Maintain and Support Security Management Server and SmartConsole
- Implement, support and upgrade Check Point firewall appliances,
- Implement and support Check Point Software Blade Technologies
- Develop, support and implement Firewall security policies
- Operate in a team environment as well as self-directed
- Collaborates with other team members as necessary to ensure customer service levels agreements (SLA's) are met
- Participate in 24x7x365 technical support rotation
- Understanding of LAN and WAN networking
- Understanding of Network Security
- Ensure firewall services and systems are always available and reliable.
- Respond to and manage service issues and problems.
- Report, pursue, communicate, and when needed escalate any breaches in information security or policies.
- Able to coordinate and work with on-site engineers during outage or critical situations.
- Adhere to established incident management SLA and SLOs.
- Able to document troubleshooting/process related documents for the team.
- Participation in working groups responsible for the deployment and development of global technology systems and infrastructure.
- Mentoring of staff on technical processes and procedures.
- Knowledge Sharing / Documentation:
- Contribute to, produce and maintain processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation, that meet CTO Standards.
- Change Control - Ensure compliance with processes and adherence to standards and documentation.
- Lead in training new staff in technical processes and procedures.
- The responsibilities listed here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilities may be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assigned by managers of this role at their discretion.
- B.S. in IT, MIS, CS, EE, Computer Engineering or equivalent related experience
- Expert level understanding of Check Point GAIA and Secure Platform, preferred
- Expert level of Check Point troubleshooting and debugging procedures
- High level knowledge of Check Point Security blades including IPS, App Control and URL Filtering, Anti Bot, DLP, Sandblast threat prevention and Endpoint Security
- High level understanding of Network Security architecture
- High level understanding of TCP/IP and networking
- Solid understanding of virtual router redundancy protocol (vrrp), Cluster XL technology and IP clustering for high availability and Cluster Control Protocol (CCP)
- Site-to-Site VPN & Client to Site VPN troubleshooting
- Other Firewall knowledge a plus (Cisco/Juniper/Fortinet/Palo Alto)
- Working experience performing Security Assessments a plus
- Multiple security certifications a plus
- Check Point CCSA and CCSE certifications preferred
- 5 years' experience with TCP/IP protocol, switching and routing
- 5 years' experience in a Firewall engineering and support position
- 3 years' experience with Checkpoint Firewalls including Smartcenter and Provider-1 environments
- Experience with multiple Checkpoint software versions including R77 and R80
- Experience with Check Point VSX and other firewall virtualization and multi-context architecture
- Experience with Check Point clustering, security blades and High Performance and Service Level Agreement preferred
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Tim Cusick | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.