JobDiva # 21-07466
JobDiva # 21-07466
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a CERT Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector – giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The CERT Specialist will perform security event and incident detection, handle multiple operational environments working with various cyber intelligence teams.
- Engage in malware analysis, digital forensics, and campaign assessments; and harmonizes response activities among Client, City departments, and state, federal, and private partners.
- Assist NYC agencies to improve cyber incident response
- Design and participate in cyber tabletop exercises with City departments to identify capability gaps, procedural weaknesses, and critical infrastructure
- Design, build and enhance cyber-incident detection tools and capabilities
- Work with cyber intelligence teams to identify new cyber threats and campaigns and proactively deploy countermeasures
- Serve as the escalation point for high-profile cybersecurity incidents
- Prioritize incident response activities and coordinate response efforts among City departments and external partners
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents through log, file, and malware analysis
- Perform memory, network, and disk forensics
- Devise appropriate remediation strategies and assist affected City agencies in containing, eradicating, and recovering from cybersecurity incidents
- Develop post-incident action plans to improve Mean Time to Recover/Restore
- Maintain knowledge of current cyber threat campaigns and tradecraft
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Threat Management/SOC/Incident Response environment performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with packet analysis, IDS/IPS technology, and experience reviewing and analyzing security events from monitoring and logging sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working as a part of an IT Security team
- Formal education or a strong background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar experience
- Incident response experience
- Active knowledge of current trends in computer security, software/hardware vulnerabilities
- Active interest in current security research
- Ability to work as part of a CERT which may require rotational weekday/weekend on-call coverage
- Strong sense of teamwork, an inquisitive mind, and the desire to share knowledge
- Ability to understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections
- Experience in website and web application security assessment or penetration testing
- Experience conducting malware analysis
- Experience with automation, scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of intrusion analysis
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Security product assessments
- Host and network forensics
- Development of security tools
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.