CEL - Research Associate
Job Number: 21-07501
Job Number: 21-07501
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- To support our drug discovery and characterization efforts.
- The qualified candidate will leverage various CRISPR/Cas9 technologies to enable genetic screens to support early and late stage drug mechanism of action studies.
- They will assist senior team members in performing the totality of the screening process, from cell line generation to NGS library preparation and target validation.
- Common skills and techniques used will include mammalian cell culture, PCR, and western blot.
- Design research protocols in collaboration with senior researchers
- Execute existing cellular and molecular biology protocols in the laboratory
- Maintain cancer cell lines and establish new stable lines via lentiviral transduction
- Perform genetic targeting using siRNA, shRNA or CRISPR/Cas9 technology for cell line characterization and screening, including studies performed on a genome-wide scale
- Conduct routine molecular and cellular experiments including gDNA and RNA isolation, PCR, cloning, western blot analysis, flow cytometry, and microplate cell proliferation assays
- Identify experimental issues, troubleshoot, and recommend a corrective course of action
- Record data in electronic notebook in accordance to company policy
- Communicate results in written and oral presentations
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (no PhD candidates)
- 1-2 years of wet lab research experience and basic knowledge of cancer biology
- Understanding of mammalian cell culture and sterile technique
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time management of daily activities to deliver timely results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic molecular biology skills, including PCR and western blotting, highly preferred
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
John Bayog | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.