CEL - Research Associate
Job Number: 21-06068
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Research Associate for our client in Seattle, WA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The associate will be responsible for generating and gene editing CAR-T cells, assessing editing efficiency, and be in the lab full time helping to push gene editing projects forward.
- The key deliverables for this role are:
- Set up assays to evaluate gene editing both functionally and molecularly
- Show competency in stimulating, culture, transduction, and transfecting primary T cells
- Help develop Client tools and protocols for a clinical gene editing application.
- Set up and tend to primary cultures for CAR transductions; keep very detailed notes on experiments and update the group on lab progress.
- Culture primary human T cells expressing CARs
- Set up and run assays to evaluate levels of gene editing in primary T cell products.
- Work to develop and improve gene editing protocols and reagents (including repair template design for homology directed repair) for single and multiplexed non-viral gene editing applications.
- Work to titrate and evaluate small molecules
- Work with other team members to develop and evaluate technical feasibility of Client gene editing delivery methods.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology, molecular biology, microbiology, cell biology, or similar scientific discipline with at least 1 year of work experience in a relevant field of research
- Strong cell culture experience and aseptic technique
- Ability to make simple dilutions, solutions, and titrations
- Hands-on experience with gene editing technologies (CRISPR/Cas9 preferred), for both knock-out and knock-in applications
- Strong molecular biology skills; cloning and DNA prep.
- Ability to carefully follow existing methods and SOPs
- Work effectively in a collaborative team setting
- Willingness to think outside the box and be creative.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Outstanding written, visual, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with primary cells, preferably lymphocytes
- Flow cytometry and experience with immunological assays, such as cytokine determinations, cellular proliferation, cytotoxicity assays
- Experience with delivery systems and/or nucleofection/electroporation
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.