CEL - MEDICAL WRITER
Job Number: 21-07196
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Medical Writer for our client in Summit, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- We seek an individual with a strong scientific background and experience in writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- The successful candidate will join a cross-functional publication team to develop, manage and execute publication plans of one or more therapeutic areas in support of clinical programs in Hematology/Oncology.
- Responsibilities include timely and efficient planning, development, and submission of manuscripts, abstracts, and scientific meeting presentations, in partnership with company teams (scientists, study investigators, other writers and medical communications) and publication vendor.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting in preparation of other scientific documents, including clinical and non-clinical study reports, as well as preclinical and translational sections for regulatory submission dossier.
- The position requires a self-motivated, independent worker, able to balance several projects and assignments and deliver materials on deadline.
- Collaborate with translational scientists and representatives from various scientific disciplines (Hematology/Oncology, Pharmacology, Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics) to develop, manage and execute publication plans with a focus on preclinical development and translational sciences.
- Contribute to the development, review, approval, and submission of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and at key independent medical and scientific congresses
- Review data to determine the appropriate tabular and textual formats, and the clarity, logic and order of presentation.
- Assist in the preparation of other scientific documents, including clinical and non-clinical study reports, preclinical and translational sections for regulatory submission dossier.
- As needed, review work of other writers for accuracy, quality, focus, and adherence to format and stylistic requirements in order to ensure high quality documents.
- Assist in statistical analysis of clinical and non-clinical data for presentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience in writing scientific publications, abstracts, reports and/or review articles in biological or pharmaceutical research related fields.
- Excellent technical scientific writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in preclinical development and translational sciences, including biomarkers.
- Demonstrated ability to compile concise and accurate summaries of complicated data sets.
- Working knowledge of basic medical statistics.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, data graphics software, and Spotfire.
- Advanced knowledge of and compliance with Good publication practices and ICMJE guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively convey scientific concepts concisely and accurately are absolutely required.
- A MS or PhD degree in a field of biology, pharmacology or related field with 3-5 years scientific writing experience.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively convey complex scientific concepts and data.
- Team player, with flexibility in and accountability for successful performance of tasks.
- The successful candidate will possess an understanding of pre-clinical development and translational sciences, including biomarkers, and working knowledge of basic medical statistics.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
John Bayog | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.