CEL - BUYER
Job Number: 21-04988
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Buyer for our client in Seattle, WA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for purchasing and the end to end tactical management of defined suppliers and/or categories.
- This includes working across the organization to understand supply needs and planning parameters in line with ERP master data; This position will also be instrumental in the implementation and integration of the procurement management system.
- Manage daily MRP exception reports for purchased materials supporting manufacturing schedules and Finished Goods while optimizing on-hand inventory and meeting service requirements.
- Maintain appropriate material and vendor master data in ERP and other systems as necessary
- Effectively utilize MRP system to maintain relevant data based on corporate goals and objectives (i.e. item & vendor masters, lead-time, order policy, safety stock and other modifiers) and manage purchase order exceptions
- Proactively report product and material availability issues
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintains personal knowledge of the supplier, government regulations, and established purchasing practices and procedures
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates
- The buyer supports the selection, development and management of strategic and preferred suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
- Manage material shortages and expedites
- Participate in the implementation and execution of commodity strategies to include spend analysis, inventory analysis, supplier rationalization and year over year cost savings.
- Develop Request For Proposals and negotiate contracts with suppliers and manage contracts
- Key Deliverables:
- Inventory Management: DOS reporting, inventory parameters, product life cycle, E&O, measured related KPIs
- Continually improve purchasing and planning methods and deliver cost savings through COGS reduction
- Support development and implementation of procurement and planning processes/systems including automated procurement systems and ERP
- Maintain and further develop key metrics to evaluate supplier performance; conduct post-contract management and facilitate supplier relationship management processes.
- Ensure purchasing and inventory system is compliant with all necessary local, state and federal laws and regulations, including requirements associated with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and financial controls (e.g., SOX)
- 1+ years' experience in procurement, purchasing, planning or Supply Chain Management
- Hands-on experience with ERP (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards) and other electronic systems used in Supply Chain functions (e.g., scheduling, inventory management and planning tools)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required, Access, VBA, Project preferred
- Strong analytics skills; ability to take a large volumes of data and then analyze trends and produce results
- Strong technical knowledge of procurement/sourcing, pharma/biotech industry, category markets
- Demonstrated ability in leading complex projects to successful and on time completion
- Highly effective at initiating and working with cross functional teams by building internal and external relationships that create alignment and at operating and executing effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and proactive approach that is results focused
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to be able to engage and manage expectations of senior management
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related discipline preferred with 1+ years of purchasing experience in Pharma industry
- Relevant work experience may in some cases be a replacement of specific degree requirements
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.