CEL - ASSOCIATE RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Associate Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-08589
Job Number: 21-08589
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Associate Research Scientist for our client in Redwood City, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The advertised position provides an exciting opportunity to be a member of a highly innovative and collaborative NGS technology development team, in Sequencing Research Group, Redwood City.
- As part of the larger Informatics and Predictive Sciences organization at Client, the candidate will develop Client genomics assays and platforms, to better understand our pre-clinical and clinical-stage assets.
- The candidate will be in the unique position to engage with diverse scientific teams, utilizing enabling genomics tool to elucidate complex biological questions, with line of sight to benefit patient health.
- Development and benchmarking of high-throughput RNA-seq assays
- Perform routine cell culture and compound treatment of cells, along with functional assays related to drug response in cell lines
- Work independently and/or in collaboration with other team members on new assay and protocol development
- Develop and edit protocols and standard operating procedures
- Perform a wide variety of basic molecular biology techniques with minimal supervision
- Drive the implementation and utilization of Client genomics assays across diverse research programs
- Foster impactful collaborative genomics initiatives within the organization
- Must be a strong team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to use technical skills and good time management to perform work efficiently and meet project timelines
- The candidate should have a Master's degree with several years of experience executing molecular biology and genomics assays
- Strong understanding of RNA-seq, DNA-seq NGS technologies, with a track record of utilizing such assays
- Experience with assays such as targeted sequencing, multiplex PCR, ddPCR
- Understanding of Illumina sequencing data and ability to interpret secondary data analysis metrics
- Competence with standard cell isolation, cell culture, compound treatment, FF and FFPE tissue handling
- Experience with standard molecular biology tools e.g., PCR, qPCR, FACS
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, and ability to analyze and present genomic data
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with systems e.g., Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint systems
- Commit to quality by rigorous and constant evaluation of own work
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jay Lucas | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.