Job Number: 19-02520
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Category Manager for our client in New Brunswick, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Key responsibilities include owning and driving implementation of high value and highly complex sourcing projects and contracts; and identifying supply optimization opportunities for speed-to-market, innovation, revenue enhancement, mitigated risk/improved lifecycle management, overall competitive cost advantage, and other sources of value for Client.
- Category Manager is part of a global team which collaborates with category leaders and business partners on category strategy development, contributing advanced strategic industry insight.
- The incumbent oversees Business Partner Outsourcing (‘BPO’) partners in performing category management responsibilities and support of stakeholder and supplier management activities.
- Responsibilities also include managing selected Supplier Relationship Management (‘SRM’) programs: processes and procedures, supplier and category segmentation, operational performance and contract management.
- Procurement and Sourcing:
- Provide insights from internal and market analytics to influence the development of strategic category plans; partner with category leaders and business partners on plan development, including building plans for smaller categories.
- Builds understanding of Client’s global, end-to-end value chain as it relates to the categories in focus.
- Lead identification, screening and selection of potential sources and determination of appropriate methods of procurement; assist in the execution of the more complex sourcing projects that require expertise, utilizing extensive and deep contracting or technical expertise. (Examples include Drug Product Development Services (“DPST”), Clinical Manufacturing Services) Lead the preparation and solicitation of competitive bids, quotations and proposals; evaluate competitive offerings; assess supplier product and pricing information; prepare and issue contracts for legal review and approval
- As required for function and categories assigned, manage the design and development of procurement compliance programs; lead category-specific risk management efforts
- Understand, develop procurement financing and leveraging strategies (eg. lease vs. buy).
- Where applicable, evaluate optimum strategies for inventory management, including restock levels and just-in-time supply
- Manage database of specifications, suppliers, goods and/or services; research and make recommendations Global Procurement and Business Leadership on decisions for “make, buy or lease,” privatize or outsource goods or services.
- Candidate should have minimum 5 years Procurement experience with high level skillset in Contract Management, Excel and Powerpoint.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Aria Rico | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary