C++/Python Trading Desk Developer/Support
|Reference # :||17-02793||Title :||C++/Python Trading Desk Developer/Support|
|Location :||greenwich, CT|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||5 Years||Start Date :||03/22/2017|
C++/Python Developer/Support for Commodities Gas Trading Desk
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for supporting day to day operations of North American Gas desk, including (but not restricted to) troubleshooting issues in trader risk /pnl, setting up reference data/market data, etc.
* Responsible for supporting middle office functionality by fixing problems with batch process, trade reconciliations, etc.
* Fix/enhance Risk system (C++) for the Gas Desk needs
* Write tools to automate tasks needing a lot of manual support
* Write ad-hoc scripts (in python) as needed that could help analysts better perform their daily tasks
* Write data scrapes that are needed by the desk
* Strong in C++ and Python
* Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
* Past experience working within a globally distributed team would be beneficial
* Proactive individual with experience working within a fast paced environment
* Strong verbal communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics
* Experience working with RDBMS (Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle) both in a schema design and application development capacity
* Experience supporting a trading desk
* Outstanding analysis / problem solving skills
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Intellectual curiosity. A strong desire and aptitude to learn and share ideas and knowledge with colleagues.
* Open and flexible to change (programming language, evolving specs, different business areas, etc.)
* Self starter who is comfortable interfacing with a diverse set of people (Traders, Quants, Trading Assistants, etc)
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a demanding and changing environment
Background / Experience:
* Technical education should include an undergraduate and/or advanced computer science, electrical engineering or other relevant applied science
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.