Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a C/C++/.Net Developer for our client in Brooklyn, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
This position is for a system analyst as part of the Control Center Support Team's application development team with a focus on SCADA applications and interfaces.
- Support and maintenance of existing applications as well as the design and development of new applications. These applications may be deployed on Linux, Windows, or various Unix platforms, will have high availability and resiliency requirements, and will be subject to strict security controls commensurate with a high value network environment.
- Expected to perform thorough application documentation, follow corporate change management controls, and implement appropriate levels of security.
- The position will also have a cross functional role supporting existing SCADA and non SCADA infrastructure and assisting with the configuration and implementation of new systems.
- Support responsibilities include responding to and troubleshooting hardware and software related system issues, testing and performing production configuration changes in support of operational or engineering requirements, assisting with and leading disaster recovery drills.
- Expected to work closely with teammates and participate in special projects.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- This position requires travel to multiple company locations as required.
- Must be able to work off-hours and support corporate emergencies if and when the need arises.
- This position requires occasional physical labor, including lifting objects up to 50 lbs in weight.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or at least 7 years relevant experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of application support and development in Windows (.NET) and/or native applications, Linux (Redhat), and various Unix environments.
- C and C++ programming, Python scripting, strong Bash and Korn Shell scripting
- 5+ years deploying Linux based application architectures
- Working knowledge of Oracle and SQL development using stored procedures
- Strong understanding of protocols and procedures for software development within a secure operational network, and troubleshooting skills including the ability to examine code to analyze and solve application issues.
- Detailed understanding of common Unix OS concepts, networking, and commands is critical (eg: SSH, rsync, netstat, fork and exec, daemons, IO redirection, Unix one liners, Vi, regular expressions, shell features and concepts, and many others).
- Should also understand cluster technologies running on a RedHat Linux platform.
- This individual must recognize the importance of Commitment to Excellence, demonstrate a high energy level, and be able to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications, teamwork, leadership, and root cause analysis skills are essential.
- High attention to detail and being able to work independently are critical.
- Experience with configuration and support of production SCADA systems including Client XA/21 is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of OpenVMS, Tru64 Unix, Windows, and Client-UX Unix clustering and OS concepts are highly desirable, but not necessary. Perl programming , Windows Powershell , and Windows Batch Scripting are a plus. T-SQL and PL/SQL are a plus.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Ivy Española at (201) 942-3003 or at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivyespanola and/or send your resume to Ivy.Espanola@eclaro.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.