|Reference # :||18-01409||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||Redwood City, CA|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/05/2018 / 09/04/2018|
ECLARO is a company that delivers talent. We provide fully customizable, comprehensive talent acquisition and management of seasoned professionals through a number of business models, including: Consulting, Professional Hire, Global Integrated Delivery™ and Managed Services.
Client has developed a highly successful portfolio of companies, assets, and capabilities as part of the company's strategies to Client and develop new medicines and therapies. The Redwood City, CA site is central to that strategy and our Research into Biologics technologies. The ability to streamline data-driven decisions across Biologics Discovery is critical to deliver on our promise to help patients prevail over serious diseases.
Client is seeking a Sr. BA to analyze data workflows and develop use-cases for building a business case in support a Biologics data warehouse investment. This Investment will have several areas of focus, including data capture, ontology/semantics, registration, and data visualization. A warehouse has several capabilities: centralizes data and aggregates disparate data sets, creates a digital historical record of research, and in short improves data "recognizability" and "findability". The investment will lead to better data driven decisions and improved business intelligence that is crucial to the long-term strategy of Biologics Discovery and Biologics IT.
Responsibilities – IT Business Analysis
• Work with Informatics team and scientific groups to complete Enterprise Analysis in support of project justification and planning
• Execute stakeholder assessments and manage stakeholders/sponsors
• Perform analysis due diligence to Client root cause of challenges and articulation of business needs
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, Research scientists, and Informatics colleagues to understand business processes, identify business challenges, and gather & analyze current practices and standards
• Generate cohesive documentation of:
• "As Is” Process Models of various biologic data workflows
• Record Use Cases and Stories of business processes and stakeholder interactions
• Capture and manage high-level & low-level requirements
• Analyze several project datasets for early data modeling prototypes
• Identify instances where existing processes may be streamlined or improved
• Work with stakeholders to identify qualitative improvements and calculate quantitative benefits of implementing proposed solution
• Contribute to development of business plan for full implementation
• Contribute to development of "To Be” Process Models
• Work with Informatics team to estimate implementation costs and calculate ROI
• Contribute to Project Management planning activities
• Assist informatics team and project sponsor in devising and implementing a communication and change management strategy in support of project launch
• Infrequent overnight travel to central NJ sites
• At least 5 years of prior experience working in an analyst capacity on large and/or complex projects in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Exposure to the Biopharmaceutical Research & Development industry; in particular a working knowledge of early stage Drug Discovery in early Research and Development
• Experience in an analyst capacity on a large scale COTS project, a custom development project, and/or combination of both (impacting 100+ Users across multiple domains)
• Experience with formal SDLC practices, emphasis on Analysis & Design stages
• Experience with formal Agile practices
• Proven ability in gathering, tracing, translating and managing complex requirements, business rules, and data
• Proficient in GUI mockups & prototyping
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical writing / documentation; organizes and presents ideas in a convincing and compelling manner
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams; able to provide technical leadership
• Outgoing personality; self-starter able to work interactively and independently with stakeholders
• Possess strong business acumen; possess a broad, enterprise-wide view and understanding of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in computer science, engineering, or life sciences. Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology backgrounds a plus.
• Experience with process modeling tools (ARIS, Visio, etc.) to identify, capture, define, and analyze business processes
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Lean Thinking / Six Sigma educated a plus.
• CBAB/CCBA Certification a plus
If interested, please contact:
212 258 2279
ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The Answer™.
Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees