JobDiva # 19-03174
JobDiva # 19-03174
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Business Analyst for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Position Overview: Client is one of the leading 'green' utilities in the United States. The Energy Efficiency and Demand Management Department is tasked with meeting New York City legislation of providing building owners with their whole building aggregated consumption data. In 2009, NYC passed Local Law 84 (LL84) which requires annual benchmarking data to be submitted by owners of buildings with more than 50,000 square feet. Recently passed legislation reduced the threshold from 50,000 square feet to 25,000 essentially doubling the number of buildings. LL84 requires this consumption data to be uploaded into the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) free online tool called Portfolio Manager. As a result of this growth, we have opened a Business Analyst (BA) Contractor role to assist our team.
The Business Analyst Contractor role on the NYC Benchmarking Team will Client, define, and successfully translate business requirements into effective, cost effective, and scalable solutions. The Benchmarking Team is embedded in the Company's Energy Efficiency and Demand Management department of approximately 100 employees and a variety of contractors and vendors. The department manages a large portfolio of energy efficiency, demand management, targeted demand management, electric vehicle and related programs for Client.
- The BA Contractor role will build relationships with several important business groups, including program management, engineering, and EM&V. It will partner with the business groups to Client, review and document business requirements, document them into functional requirements, and evaluate and recommend DMTS technical solutions.
- The BA will then engage with Benchmarking Portal backend system admins and ASP.Net Application developers to deliver the enhancements and bug fixes necessary to deliver against these requirements.
- Furthermore, the role will train end users to ensure they understand all associated process and procedural changes.
- Additionally, the BA Contractor will be tasked to assist in the creation and maintenance of desk reference guides and procedural documentation required to support the governance and maintenance of the various environments and program configurations of Benchmarking Portal.
- The BA Contractor will require extensive and effective communication, coordination and teamwork across a dynamic group: a core team of Business Analysts, System Administrator/Asp.Net/SQL Developers. The role requires a strong business sense, high attention to detail, and very strong project management skills to partner with the business to ensure enhancements and projects solve the Department's most pressing business needs and are successfully completed on schedule and within budget.
- Partner with the business to Client, structure, document, and review business process requirements, business workflow, and enhancements for purposes of managing and maintaining systems and processes.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications for business requirements and technical requirements of the NYC Benchmarking.
- Ensure that requirements map to real business needs and play a key role in gaining approval by all relevant stakeholders.
- Deliver and review documentation related to solution design, including data validations, program rules, workflow rules, or other detailed deliverables.
- Organize and prioritize user change requests and enhancement needs based on the level of effort and importance.
- Develop test plans and test scripts. Execute test scripts when developed by others.
- Engage with system admins, the application vendors, and key stakeholders to review the solution design deliverables and test plans.
- Manage requirement changes to ensure that everyone is working from up-to-date documentation.
- Assist with data management, reporting, mapping, and the import/export of transaction files from a variety of external vendors who operate some of the EEDM programs.
- Support the first rounds of auditing, troubleshooting, and resolution of data integrity/quality issues for new programs.
- Perform various project and team functions; assist in the development and management of project plans including scheduling, assigning, and tracking tasks.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of business analyst work experience.
- Knowledge of and work experience with energy efficiency and demand side management initiatives
- Preferred 5+ years of business analyst work experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Project management experience
- Ability to quickly master subject matter content, including technical material related to utilities, energy efficiency, and demand management in order to communicate business needs to the technology teams effectively.
- Strong oral, writing, and presentation communication skills and a solid ability to manage meetings.
- Self-sufficient person who can work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience in working with business partners to Client and document business process requirements, business workflow, and enhancements for purposes of managing and maintaining systems and processes.
- Hands on experience with a variety of methods to glean business requirements including some of the following: brainstorming, document analysis, interface analysis, interviewing, prototyping, requirements workshops, reverse engineering and surveys.
- Direct experience auditing, troubleshooting, and resolving data integrity/quality issues.
- Experience in developing and managing test plans for software testing and executing test scripts (Unit, Functional, UAT, and Regression).
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.