Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Business Analyst for our client in Jersey City, NJ.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Service Business Relationship Management (BRM) team serves as the IT liaison for both business and technology teams. The team is in search of a business analyst to support Service and regulatory initiatives
- This role will require skills in business analysis, systems analysis, documentation of business/functional requirements, customer relationships, solution recommendation, and decision making
- This role must possess an understanding of insurance and/or annuity products
- Ability to review, analyze and document business process and workflow for the purpose of creating and documenting requirements to be used for new or optimization of software or business process and strategy
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of relevant experience. Should have knowledge of Software Development and IT related concepts as it relates to requirements gathering and documentation
- May have detailed knowledge of how an existing business will operate
- Would have the ability to work independently, meet with users, document existing process, make intelligent inquisitions and create detailed documents according to existing best practices and standards.
- Interact with business, conduct analysis, and document business processes and requirements
- Serve as a liaison between the business and technology teams
- Ability to work with our technical partners to achieve an efficient and effective solution
- Verify that the implemented solution meets the requirements
- Analyze and interpret business requirements into functional requirements and specifications that have an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by the technology teams
- Solicit business requirements using walk-through, document analysis, storyboards, use case scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Write clear and concise requirements ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible, unambiguous, traceable, and verifiable
- Support business and technology teams to ensure key deliverables are met in an accurate timely manner
- Assist in the troubleshooting of problems and issues; make recommendations and provide alternative solutions when it applies
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills with the demonstrative ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve services
- Interprets business challenges, identifies trends and recommends best practices
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; collaborates with others to build consensus
- Makes decisions that have cross-functional impact
- Must be team oriented in interacting with a diverse group
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Bachelor degree with relevant experience required
- Business analysis/systems analysis experience required
- Previous experience working in the Insurance and/or Annuities industry would be plus
- In depth knowledge of the life cycle of an insurance or annuity policy would be a plus
- Previous experience with service and regulatory projects would be a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Carl Guevara at Carl.Guevara@eclaro.com now..
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.