Biomarker Operations Specialist
JobDiva # 20-06065
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Biomarker Operations Specialist for our client in Lawrence Township, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Reporting to the Associate Director, the Consultant will be part of the Immunology, Cardiovascular, and Fibrosis Translational Development Disease Team based in Princeton, NJ.
- The individual will support clinical biomarker activities to support late stage drug development programs in rheumatology including other disease areas within immunology.
- This individual will have the opportunity to guide research programs and publication plans for marketed products through data analysis and delivery of biomarkers in clinical studies.
- The successful candidate will have prior experience interacting with project teams, clinical research physicians, statisticians, computational biologists, contract research organizations and translational scientists to deliver science that supports the development of medicines to patients in need.
- Responsible for managing the timelines and activities associated with biomarker data delivery such as setting up biomarker analysis request, tracking statistical analysis progress and generate detailed report of the biomarker analysis
- Implements translational activities through interaction with clinical research physicians, statisticians, computational biologists and internal translational scientists
- Aid in biomarker data delivery for clinical studies through working with relevant functions and CROs; responsible for aiding in creation of SOWs and interfacing with CRO for execution of services, in conjunction with Biospecimen Operations and Procurement.
- Evaluates CROs for data analysis and delivery capabilities, in conjunction with Translational Sciences and Precision Medicine
- Provides guidance on clinical biomarker data analysis to Global Biometrics, and Informatics and Predictive Sciences
- Responsible for maintaining timelines for biomarker data publication to aid LCM of marketed products through direct interaction with Medical Communications and Publication team
- Prepares and delivers presentations within the department and externally
- Completes biomarker data generation related assignments by designing analysis and interpreting multi-parameter data readouts.
- Recommends department level strategic decisions.
- Work on cross functional assignments and maintains timelines.
- Manages and/or coordinates workflow on biomarker projects.
- Apply diverse scientific knowledge to assignments.
- Development of research tools.
- Interpret results.
- Helps design biomarker analysis plan consistent with department goals.
- Provides input and makes recommendations to research strategies and publication plans.
- Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Identify & solve multi-faceted challenges.
- Recognizes problems and is able to recommend and develop appropriate solutions from prior experience, literature, or collaboration.
- Identify risks.
- Contributes ideas and develops/presents a scientific case (or position) inside and outside department/group.
- Teamwork and Influence:
- Communicates with cross functional team.
- Directly impacts the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
- Represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
- Work across departments.
- Organizational Impact:
- Direct impact on departmental performance.
- Impact is achieved by driving team efforts.
- Able to conceptualize broad impact of research programs and personal activities in terms of site.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Champions change
- Leads courageously
- Provides directions
- Structuring and staffing
- Thinks strategically
- Understanding of drug development, especially late stage development
- Experience in interacting with CROs and KOLs to manage projects and timelines
- Proven scientific/leadership expertise (working in teams, managing projects)
- Accountable for timelines and deliverables
- Prioritizes risks and implements contingency plans
- Communicates regularly; prepares and delivers presentations within the group and department
- Recognizes cross-functional issues and communicates within the larger organization. Has a track record of delivering results, driving continuous improvements, and building effective cross-functional networks.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and detailed record keeping
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ph.D., and 2+ years of academic, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience in subject matter.
- Candidate must be a rigorous, detail-oriented scientist, with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Must be a highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Contributing to research program and business.
- Technical writing skills are required.
- Broad knowledge of multiple functional technologies.
- In-depth understanding of function as it relates to project.
- Functional area skills, theoretical knowledge and experience to apply scientific direction and approach to projects and problems.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Melrose Madrigal | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.