Job Number: 20-02186
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Biology Scientists for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The T cell Immuno-Oncology (I-O) group is building a world-class immunology team and is seeking a highly motivated and creative Scientist to join a group of researchers evaluating Client therapies in the fields of Cancer Immunotherapy, Immune Checkpoint Biology, and Innate Immunity.
- The candidate will drive early discovery research programs into early clinical development, providing scientific and technical expertise.
- Specifically, the candidate will identify unique tumor-specific micro-environmental cues that impact T cell function, differentiation and trafficking using a variety of tools including, classic molecular, cellular, and biochemical techniques, as well as modern imaging techniques, systems immunology, bioinformatics, and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models.
- Execution of cell-based functional and biochemical assays to select candidate molecules for clinical development or support combination strategies focusing on T cells and dendritic cells
- Planning of in vivo murine studies and ex vivo functional assessments, such as, multi-color flow cytometry, gene expression analyses, and primary cell culture
- Analyze, organize, and present results in small and large group meetings
- Read relevant scientific literature to aid in experimental design
- Contribute to a dynamic, exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation
- BS/BA with 6+ years experience or MS with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in the fields of immunology, cell biology and/or genetics
- Technical expertise with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, proliferation, and suppression assays by using monocyte/ macrophages, T-cells, or dendritic cells).
- Immune phenotyping tumor associated immune cells from primary human tumor samples by flow cytometry
- Experience with flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, and cytotoxic assays
- Experience with various murine tumor models
- Experience with human PBMC and mammalian cell culture
- Ability to plan and execute in vitro and/or in vivo/ex vivo experiments with minimal supervision
- Expertise in standard immunologic techniques
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
- Ability to analyze and interpret work published in the field and use it to place our work in context
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Castañeda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.