Biologics Process Operator
Biologics Process Operator
Job Number: 21-13281
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Biologics Process Operator for our client in Syracuse, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The primary role of the candidate is working on assignments that train for proficiency in the operation of primary production equipment within Manufacturing Operations (Inoculum, Cell Culture and Purification) including adherence to detailed procedures and batch records ensuring compliance with cGMP and safety requirements.
- Work is performed in a team environment within a medium-scale cell culture facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Additional gowning through the processing areas and maintaining clean hygiene is a requirement to control established environmental specifications.
- Trains for proficiency in the operation of primary production equipment within the assigned functional area (i.e. bioreactors, chromatography skids, media or buffer preparation equipment, aseptic handling of mammalian cell culture, conducting scale-up operations, etc.).
- Maintains files, records data, logs activities, and monitors processes
- Maintains area in a clean and orderly fashion to support the manufacturing schedule.
- Recognizes and reports safety, maintenance and quality events to area management.
- Communicates status of operations to area management in a timely manner.
- Achieves and maintains proficiency through training.
- Prior job related experience required along with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and high level of attention to detail.
- Prior job related experience required along with demonstrated aseptic technique including manual dexterity, pipetting into small vials and being able to close small caps in an aseptic manner is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
- Familiarity with general chemistry, mathematics, microbiology and cGMP operations is desirable.
- Work/study experience where attention to detail, adherence to written instruction, and personal accountability were critical to success
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable with the ability to embrace a team based culture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate expectations and results to the operating staff and management as needed to maintain production timelines and organizational goals.
- The successful candidate will have a high school diploma.
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S. in science, engineering, biochemistry, or related discipline or its equivalent is desired but not required.
- Experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture is preferred.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.