Big Data Software Engineer
Eclaro is looking for a Big Data Software Engineer for our client in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Eclaro’s client is a major technology firm with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide recommendations on Big Data Technology usage and develop data flows in and out of the Big Data environment
- Establish productive relationships with internal business partners and information technology partners
- Own documentation of business logic and maintenance of procedures
- Develop complex SQL queries for small to large sets of data and lead query optimization efforts
- Develop solutions for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of relational and non-relational sources into the Big Data environment
- Understand process inputs, create solutions to automate data sources and apply data governance standards
- Support daily/monthly operations and troubleshooting of issues
- 3+ years of related and demonstrable hands-on experience in a development role
- Experience in one or more ETL Tools with an understanding of best practices for building and designing ETL/ELT code
- Strong scripting experience with Python/Scala
- Hadoop and big data experie
- Hands on experience with any of the following: Spark, Kafka, Hive, REST, APIs and JSON
- Experience using Database Modeling Tools: Erwin or other tool
- Experience with GIT
- Previous experience of container technologies such as Docker/ Kubernetes is desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Radelyn Bulaong at Radelyn.Bulaong@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.