Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Benefits Specialist for our client in White Plains, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This role will support Client's Benefits department
- The team is looking for a dynamic individual that will manage, interpret, and communicate health and welfare benefits plans and policies
- This individual will also function as a liaison between benefits providers and the Client
- The individual will also be tasked with resolving employee and retiree benefits issues
- Function as plan administrator for assigned benefits programs; ensure benefits vendors and third party administrators (TPAs) are administering programs properly; take action on routine claims issues
- Develop and propose improvements to policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness of benefit programs
- Conduct monthly billing audit
- Coordinate annual discrimination testing with benefits consultant
- Participate in the planning and development of the overall benefits programs for salaried and union employees
- Participate in the preparation and evaluation of bids for benefits plan providers
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget; track assigned benefits program spending
- Communicate benefits information and changes by updating benefits handbook and benefits policies as needed, and assist in the publication of periodic benefits newsletter
- Administer employee assistance program: provide support to WPO and site HR staff; coordinate training sessions and on-going promotion of the program; compose and distribute semi-annual program utilization report to senior management
- Work with internal resources in the Human Resources, Law, Accounting, Payroll and IT departments to ensure delivery of quality services to employees and plan compliance
- Conduct employee education meetings as needed to communicate details about assigned benefits programs
- Assist with vendor management and develop strong working relationships with key vendors and consultants
- Continue education and training to keep abreast of applicable legal requirements and related tax regulations to ensure benefits program compliance
- Conduct new employee orientation on a rotating basis.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and experience administering and designing benefits programs
- Technical knowledge of applicable federal and state laws pertaining to benefits, including HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, PPACA, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Good research skills in a variety of medium to remain up to date on benefits trends and laws
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and Power Point
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of SAP Personnel Module preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to observe confidentiality
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of HRIS systems preferred
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact William Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.