Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Bench Scientist for our client in Morrisville, NC.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Summarize the primary purpose & key accountabilities of the role, including geographical scope (i.e. Global vs. Country/Region). Summary should be concise and include strategic information that would attract candidates to the role. It may be helpful to complete this section after you have finished the other sections of the document.
- The purpose of the Associate Scientist position is to provide the planning and execution of experiments to design and optimize manufacturing processes for biopharmaceuticals. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry/Biochemistry, or Biology, and have a working knowledge of biochemistry and related analytical chemistries, preferably in chromatography, centrifugation, precipitation, and filtration design principles.
- This position requires the design and execution of experiments using the aforementioned technologies and the ability to evaluate and clearly reporting the results to laboratory colleagues and other affected functional areas.
- Indicate any physical or mental requirements necessary for the performance of an essential function of this particular role. Requirements should be unique to the work being performed in this role and consistent with business necessity. Examples: Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
- This position will require standing for long periods of time in a laboratory setting. Occasional lifting of equipment may be required.
- Provide the primary groups or key role(s) that this role will have interaction with as a regular part of the role responsibilities. Include any external interactions as appropriate.
- This position requires highly motivated individuals with the ability to work closely with other members of the laboratory and the department in a matrix team environment. This position will collaborate with pilot plant and manufacturing staff on experimental studies, clinical manufacturing, and process validation, including work with external contract manufacturing organizations
- In order of importance, indicate the primary responsibilities critical to the performance of the role. It is recommended not to list actual tasks but focus on 5-8 essential responsibilities that highlight accountability and level of judgment required.
- The successful Associate Scientist applicant will have experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. This position will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on developing and optimizing recovery and purification processes for recombinant proteins and biological macromolecules for early- and late-phase clinical trials.
- The Associate Scientist will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to develop robust, efficient, scalable strategies for improving downstream process performance. The job function requires judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures.
- Responsibilities will include conducting experiments, tests, analyses as part of a variety of research and development activities, e.g., small-scale studies, pilot plant and manufacturing downstream purification studies. The Associate Scientist will be expected to summarize, evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes. This position will support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and innovative research.
- This position will be expected to prepare internally reviewed technical reports, and make oral presentations to scientists and management. The successful candidate must be able to endorse change to business infrastructure to ensure pipeline, legacy and technology success.
- Indicate qualifications that are job related, consistent with business necessity and necessary for the performance of an essential function of this role including: education/licenses/certifications, relevant experience (where legally permissible), technical and/or other job-related skills.
- BS degree in a biological or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent)
- 0-3 years experience in laboratory research required, preferably in recombinant protein/biomolecule purification process development, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing. Demonstrated ability to drive for results and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision.
- Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in transferring Biotherapeutic processes to pilot plants or manufacturing organizations, and knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in these environments is a plus.
- A good understanding of protein chemistry, protein analytics, and bioprocess technology is required.
- Strong analytical and computer skills are desirable. Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis is a benefit.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, please send your updated resume to Junethel.Binuya@eclaro.com or call (212) 804-7476.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.