Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Bench Scientist for our client in La Jolla, CA.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The (Compound) Sample Logistics is a small team team that is part of the Biochemistry group and Tumor Cell Biology department in the Oncology Research Division of Pharmaceutical located in La Jolla
- The candidate will interact with scientists within the department and chemists on site in addition to handling compound shipments coming in, or going out to external vendors
- The candidate will support general laboratory functions in the compound management group that facilitates the preparation and distribution of research drugs from synthesis to the scientists
- Responsibilities are general bench work activities such as solubilizing compounds to specified concentrations and volumes, managing orders for compound supply, and using automated equipment to transfer and distribute compounds
- Several software applications control the compound workflow, inventory and lifecycle tracking.
- The role will also require maintaining inventory of lab supplies, and preparing containers for off-site shipping
- Must be able to stand & walk around for several hours
- Responsibilities include recording in-coming compound inventory with barcode entry into the Titain software system. cMosaic software informs what to do with the compound, such as solubilization
- Compounds are solubilized with 100% DMSO to specified concentrations and volumes using a Tecan liquid handling instrument controlled by cMosaic software
- Compounds are transferred to storage for future use in a Hamilton Tekcel, or processed further with the Tecan or Bravo liquid handlers
- Compound order inventory is managed with CART software & translated to cMosaic to process orders
- The orders are processed for the scientists as per specification into assay plates (96-well, 384-well) and an email notification is sent to the scientist
- Assay plates receive a barcode label and sealed for delivery
- Some compounds are packaged for off-site delivery in dry-ice shipping containers with appropriate paperwork.
- Other responsibilities are to maintain inventory of lab supplies with electronic orders placed through Ariba
- Rinsing empty, glass 4L containers of DMSO will also be required to support proper disposal as recyclable waste
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, please send your updated resume to Junethel.Binuya@eclaro.com or call (212)804-7476.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.