Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Backup Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Backup Administrator will be accountable for the health, stability, performance and growth of client’s backup system. The prospective candidate will also develop new backup strategy as needed and perform data migrations. This position will be responsible for ensuring we can consistently meet our RTO & RPO targets, shaping and documenting our backup policies and procedures as well as providing technical support for all of our DR/BC testing events. The successful candidate will manage all off our secondary storage, our off-site storage and all other assets related to backup. The Backup Administrator is accountable for addressing backup failures within our SLA framework as well as operating the backup failure remediation process. The Backup Administrator is also involved in evaluating and scheduling system patches, upgrades, and changes with respect to the backup software/hardware. This position is also responsible for monitoring our replication technology. Candidate must have the ability to lift/transport all required server equipment. The prospective candidate must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support of the backup environment on a rotating basis that may at times require travel to various company sites. Must be willing and able to work overtime and be flexible with work hours to respond to emergencies or scheduled work that must be done either prior to or after normal business hours. Must have the means and be able to travel to various Company locations. In order to be considered, all applicants should have permanent residency and work authorization and must have a driver's license.
- The successful candidate must possess strong technical knowledge of various platforms and systems including but not limited to vCenter, ESXi, IBM tape library and x-Systems, Cisco UCS, Windows Server, RHEL, EMC Storage, a solid overall understanding of SAN concepts and working experience with NetBackup.
- The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills.
- A High school diploma is required with a minimum of 4 years of experience in IT Operational Support or Bachelor's degree (preferably in Information Technology) with a minimum of 2 years of experience in IT Operational Support.
- Resolving escalated trouble tickets as well as accommodating end user task requests
- Monitoring capacity
- Server performance monitoring
- Server maintenance and updates
- Replacing hardware as needed
- Updating Operating Systems
- Participating in the implementation phase for projects
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary