Job Number: 20-09200
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Backend Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Backend Engineer is responsible for the system to work behind the scenes.
- Their role is to integrate the application with all required systems and services and provide clean and easy to use API for the frontend part of the system.
- Although their work is usually hidden from the user they bear the full responsibility for the application functionality, performance and scalability.
- They know how to write clean modern APIs, integrate with legacy systems & work with databases.
- They often work like a hacker when they need to find out how to integrate with legacy systems without little to no documentation.
- Design and develop the business logic and backend systems of the product
- Work closely with frontend engineers to design and develop functional, performing and complete APIs
- Decipher existing companies software systems and be able to hook in application to applicable data sources
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Develop high quality, well documented, and efficient code
- Work in a collaborative environment, interfacing and developing relationships with groups from all areas of client business team members, IT supporting teams, as well as vendor/contractor team members - in order to deliver solutions that benefit client requirements analyses and deliver solutions that benefit client overall
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures
- Share a responsibility to advance the company's mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (2-5 years professional experience)
- Degree specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related focus is a plus
- Experience as a backend engineer in common languages and frameworks (Java Spring Boot, .NET, NodeJS, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented programing and software engineering principles like SOLID
- Significant experience writing and utilizing autonomous services oriented RESTful API services and performance tuning largescale apps
- Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.)
- Ability to write effective unit, integration, and API tests
- Experience with the Microsoft development family (.NET, SQL Server, Azure DevOps)
- Nice to have knowledge of immutable infrastructure, infrastructure automation and provisioning tools
- Experience in energy industry is a plus
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience as an Engineer on a cross-functional agile team preferred
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in culture of brutal transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge
- Able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.