Azure Database Developer
Azure Database Developer
Job Number: 22-00312
Job Number: 22-00312
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for an Azure Database Developer for our client in Atlanta, GA.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector - giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Developer will be responsible for developing new and modernizing existing applications to Azure Cloud Platform.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of Database concepts and, experienced in writing SQL and T-SQL.
- Need to support the applications with 24/7 availability and experience in handling Large Volume of Data, in Oracle and SQL Server, Azure SQL platform.
- Collaborate with internal customers, prospects, and stakeholders, understand, and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing, and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
- Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams, and documents source to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion and BI developer for analytic reports
- Provide technical enablement to team members developing database applications on a cloud platform.
- Facilitate the development of data integration efforts by leading small teams of 1-2 junior developers in addition to Knowledge of ETL Design Patterns, Error Handling and Configurations.
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Collaborate with data stewards, data owners and domain experts to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation.
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Work with the Data Architect to establish processes for governing the identification, collection and use of educational metadata to assure metadata is accurate and valid in the business intelligence environments.
- Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring, and data cleansing techniques.
- Troubleshoot performance and reliability issues and investigate anomalous behavior in the Azure environment.
- Responsible for scheduled data processes integrity checks, performing deployments and coordinate for releases.
- Experience with Source Version Control software like GitHub and CICD pipelines
- Provide on-call support after hours as an when needed.
- 7+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- 5+ Years in BI development leveraging the Microsoft SQL Server. Needs to be an expert in T-SQL
- 5+ Years in SSIS and use of Stored Procedures.
- 1-2 Years in Azure Data Factory, SQL VMs, build and maintain ETL
- Ingest and aggregate data from both internal and external data sources to build our data lake
- Strong understanding data modeling (i.e., conceptual, logical, and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Deep understanding of relational database design concepts and SQL programming
- Experience guiding/mentoring developers with lesser experience.
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices.
- 1-2 Years in Azure Data Warehouse (Synapse)
- 1-2 Years knowledge of utilizing Python, PySpark, SparkSQL On Azure Cloud
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in computer science or management information systems AND 5 years of related experience.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Lea Enriquez | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.