Job Number: 19-10239
Be part of the Media & Advertising Industry! Eclaro is looking for an AV Technician for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a full lifecycle advertising and media agency providing advertising, direct marketing, public relations, brand development, and digital strategy to their client base in over 96 countries. They represent some of the most trusted brands and have created iconic campaigns. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This role will help build, support, and maintain AV systems throughout the space, including but not limited to the auditorium, executive, conference, and team meeting rooms.
- Additionally, the role supports video conferences and web conferences of varying complexity, and the oversight and ongoing documentation of all AV facilities and hardware.
- Finally, the role will make periodic recommendations towards upkeep, maintenance, and expansion of AV facilities with an eye towards greater, more modern capabilities, and a more robust environment.
- Work closely with co-manager to ensure there are no oversights in office support or AV capabilities (ie., broken equipment); below responsibilities are identical for both co-managers
- Daily review of all AV facilities throughout space, including team rooms, conference rooms, executive rooms, and the auditorium ("Town Hall”) to ensure they're functional and ready when needed
- Work closely with management to ensure scheduled videoconferences and meetings are staffed and executed properly, including A/V requests for special events and meetings. Note that some meetings are held outside normal business hours; these also require support, which can be coordinated with co-manager
- Coordinate, connect, and monitor (when appropriate) video conference calls to ensure consistent service
- Consult, advice, and support personnel of video / web conference solutions as per client needs.
- Troubleshoot and provide or requisition technical support and service for any A/V problems; requires a degree of "thinking on your feet” – rapid problem identification and solving of on-the-fly problems.
- Arrange vendor visits to repair/maintain equipment
- Keep abreast of new technology as it relates to the A/V systems daily operation responsibilities and make recommendations
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Build and maintain on-going collaborative relationships with personnel & their reoccurring audiovisual needs
- Minimum 5 years' experience as an AV Technician
- Experience with live streaming and real time feeds
- Experience with web and video conferencing
- Must be able to co-manage and collaborate on solutions
- Strong, knowledgeable consultative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills, both business and technical
- Able to understand the business and technical needs of the end user as well as foster customer relationship building and deliver outstanding service
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, support multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize work appropriately, and be dependable
- Have worked with outside AV vendors in the provisioning of repair services as well as the identification of desired upgrades
- Basic project management skills
- Able to think logically and creatively in problem solving; must be able to "think on your feet” and provide quick solutions when problems arise. Should know when to escalate a problem.
- Contributes individually and as part of a team
- Understands the importance of, and actively contributes to proper documentation
- Three years' experience as an A/V Manager
- Crestron / Extron control systems and switchers
- Polycom HDX and Group Series codecs
- 16 Channel Audio mixers
- DaVinci Audio Management interface
- ForA broadcast video switcher
- Live 3 camera switch operations
- Vbrick, Vaddio web streaming solutions
- Christi projectors
- Microsoft Surface solutions
- Crestron Mercury functionality
- Skype for Business functionality, especially in regard to web conferencing
- BlueJeans web conferencing and similar technologies, including webcasting
- Basic IT knowledge of the OSI model and IPv4
- Mac and PC operating systems, especially in regard to conferencing and content sharing on both platforms, wireless presentation technologies, and "on the fly” end user assistance with both platforms
If interested, you may contact:
Adrian Miranda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.