Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for an Audit Manager our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for planning, scoping, executing audits and leading audit engagement teams for Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities (FICC).
- Utilizes sound analytical skills and possesses product, business, and technical expertise to execute assigned responsibilities.
- Leads analysis of control deficiencies as well as expansion and refinement of documentation for control deficiencies to drive actionable business impact, influences management on sufficiency of correctives actions, recommends audit rating.
- Independently executes audit test work as well as manage all aspects of audit engagements.
- Raises issues and concerns and makes recommendations for severity ratings.
- Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies, recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends.
- Prepares quality audit reports and supports Senior Audit Manager in communicating and presenting audit results to senior business leaders.
- Establish business partner relationships; primary engagement is with line management.
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
- Actively supports peers and guides audit team with development as part of on the job training during audit execution.
- Fosters a positive and inclusive work environment.
- This role reports to the Senior Audit Manager.
- At least 7 years of financial services sales and trading audit or public accounting firm experience, preferably within the Banking or Financial Services industry OR strong knowledge of/experience in Global Markets/Investment Banking lines of business and support functions e.g. Product Control, Middle Office, Risk Management, Compliance, Operations, Settlement and Collateral management.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income markets products, including Rates, FX, Credit, Municipals,Commodities, Financing, Mortgages and Securitized Products businesses, high touch, electronic and derivatives trading activities.
- Strong understanding of financial instruments valuation; with a focus on trading and hedging strategies for the cash products (Stocks and Bonds), Swaps (IRS and CDS), futures, options, otc derivatives, prime brokerage, securities lending and financing products e.g. Repo.
- Candidate should also be familiar with key securities industry regulations e.g. Volcker, DF Real Time Reporting, SEC Capital and Client Asset rules and US market structure as well as the key processes and controls within the Business Supervision, Market Conduct, Finance, Operations and Middle Office functions.
- Awareness of basic application controls, as well as proficiency with spreadsheets and other analytical tools would be an advantage.
- Understanding of applicable regulatory rules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with staff and managers across audit teams as well as key stakeholders in business areas including Front Office, Finance, Operations and Middle Office functions.
- Ability to work in a team environment and supervise multiple project teams.
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience. Masters preferred
- Awareness of basic application controls
- Intermediate proficiency at using spreadsheets
- Familiarity with key US laws and regulations pertaining to banking and broker/dealer securities trading & sales activities.
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.