Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-12585
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Associate Research Scientist for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to develop and implement robust cellular assays to support discovery of small molecules as clinical development candidates; and execute in vitro studies that further our understanding of the mechanisms of Client compounds.
- The desired candidate should have a good understanding of setting up and monitoring the performance of key SAR assays supporting chemistry efforts, strong analytical capability, excellent skills in data management and automation.
- Responsibilities include utilizing cellular models to develop and execute relevant SAR assays, designing templates for routine data analysis and QC assay performance, assisting other scientists to trouble shoot assay-related issues.
- The candidate will work within discovery project teams and with scientists across different functional areas and is expected to contribute to project based decisions.
- Develop and implement relevant cell-based and biochemical assays as well as cell models to support identification, optimization, and characterization of Client chemical matter.
- Design and conduct critical experiments using expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and assay development to support molecular mechanism of action of the drugs.
- Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner.
- Support biology needs for different projects and drug discovery teams.
- Experience in small molecule drug discovery process in an industrial setting. Understand key aspects of SAR support using biological assays.
- Familiarity and willingness to learn in vitro cell-based assays, including but not limited to: cell proliferation assays, cell cycle assay, apoptosis assay, bDNA assay, image-based assays, ELISA, and CETSA.
- Sophisticated experience in cell biology including mammalian cell culture, lentivirus production, transient/stable transfection, gene editing including CRISPR –KO and -KI, shRNA KD.
- Experience in cell biology (Immunofluorescence), biochemistry (Western blot), molecular biology (DNA cloning, PCR, qPCR).
- Familiar with various biology laboratory equipment with an emphasis on automation and capable of trouble shooting for SAR assay support.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Capability to stay focused, multitasked, attention to details and deliver high quality data in a timely and well organized manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.