Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-10570
Job Number: 21-10570
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Associate Research Scientist for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Discovery Biotherapeutics team at Client seeks to understand the structure and function of complex molecules such as antibodies and endogenous proteins in order to optimize their utility as therapeutic agents. We collaborate with biology and translational scientists imbedded in the Thematic Research Centers in order to prosecute Targets and Biological pathways with disease modifying potential.
- By using a blend of internal and external technologies and capabilities, we work to Client and deliver first-in-class as well as best-in-class molecules that warrant clinical evaluation for patient benefit. The Discovery Biotherapeutics group supports programs across all Client therapeutic areas including Oncology, Immunoscience, Cardiovascular, and Fibrosis.
- Group activities comprise of protein expression and purification making use of high throughput methods and automation to enhance productivity where possible.
- The qualified candidate will be responsible for mammalian protein expression and bioprocess development in both shake flasks and automated mini-bioreactors, and other lab related activities as assigned.
- Candidate should have a B.S or M.S in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or a related field with at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in an industry setting.
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell (CHO, HEK) culture, transient and stable transfection and protein characterization.
- Experience with operating Ambr mini-bioreactor and bench scale bioreactor, HT automation and analysis, bioprocess development and process optimization is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Design of experiment (DOE) and DOE analysis software will be a plus.
- Working knowledge and familiar with protein and antibody purification and analytical assessment.
- Excellent data management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage large structure datasets using
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to present scientific data in group setting.
- Excellent organization to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Functional/Scientific/Technical Skills:
- Implement and validate protocols.
- Mastery of basic lab skills.
- Reviewing literature for technical support.
- Data analysis.
- Familiarity with data retrieval and input from database.
- Expression of antibodies (bi-/multi-specific antibodies) and other recombinant proteins in transient and stable formats to support biotherapeutic drug discovery projects.
- Mammalian cell culturing in both shake flasks and automated mini-bioreactors, along with HT automated liquid handling systems.
- Process development and optimization for batch and fed-batch bioreactor and shake flask expressions.
- Transient protein expression as well as stable pool and single cell cloning generation.
- Purification and biophysical characterization of analytical scale expression samples.
- Ensure accurate registration of protein expression samples and associated data into electronic inventory system and electronic laboratory notebook.
- With assistance, executes experiments, conducts analysis and reports results.
- Familiarity with work and business practices to be able to identify and troubleshoot routine problems.
- Requires less direction to complete assigned tasks.
- Consults colleagues for advice on issues.
- Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Recognize unexpected outcome/problems; communicates and works with supervisor to solve.
- Learn from the past experience to improve the current process.
- Teamwork and Influence:
- Communicates with peers and supervisors.
- Begin to communicate with departments and customers.
- Works in context of immediate work group or team.
- Organizational Impact:
- Has a direct impact on workgroup performance.
- Impact is achieved by contributing to workgroup.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Commitment to quality Demonstrates adaptability
- Develops oneself Drive for results
- Effective speaking Fosters teamwork
- Listens to others Prepares written communications
- Shows work commitment Uses functional/technical expertise
- Works efficiently
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.