Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-05434
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Associate Research Scientist for our client in Cambridge, MA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- A highly motivated, detail-oriented associate scientist with broad experience in the application of genomic tools to understanding disease biology.
- Experience with genetic screens and/or next-generation sequencing is preferred.
- The position is in Research and Early Development and sits within the Mechanisms of Cancer Resistance Thematic Research Center.
- The role includes running genomics assays such as library preparation and sequencing as part of highly collaborative project teams.
- The position requires constant attention to detail, extensive wet-lab work and proper documentation of experiments.
- Run genomics/NGS assays including transcriptome capture, library generation and sequencing.
- Maintain NGS reagents as needed.
- Carry out projects with minimal supervision.
- Support various research projects and collaborations across the early target ID space.
- Communicate project status and results clearly both within the group and across teams.
- Organize, track and execute projects in a timely fashion.
- Maintain lab notebooks; compiles data and written experimental instructions.
- Highly preferred expertise: RNA-seq, CRISPR workflows, multiplexed transcriptomics methods.
- M.S./B.S. in Molecular/Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or a related field with a minimum of 1+ years of relevant experience.
- A deep understanding of genomics techniques and technologies.
- A successful track record in the genomics or NGS space with demonstrated accomplishments.
- Relevant research experience in an industry or academic setting; emphasis on genomics is highly preferred.
- Broad hands-on experience in molecular biology methods relevant to genomics. Experience in advanced cell and molecular biology technique is essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Other preferred background experience: Custom RNA/DNA capture, high-throughput assays, automation, library generation, familiarity with data analysis and data interpretation, experience working with FFPE and clinical samples, expertise in cell separation technologies such as FACS, and microfluidics.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Paul Quibuyen | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.