Associate Research Scientist
Assistant Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-02035
Job Number: 21-02035
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Assistant Research Scientist for our client in Cambridge, MA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Client R&D is a science-driven, passionate organization determined to Client, develop and deliver medicines that have the potential to transform the lives of patients and establish new standards of care in areas of high unmet need.
- Patients’ needs and scientific discovery are our driving force.
- Our scientists will focus on Client targets and pathways for tumors that are refractory to current Immuno-Oncology therapies.
- These are significant challenges that will require innovative solutions from the biopharma, biotech and academic communities.
- Provide an opportunity to develop new analytical approaches to interrogate biomarker of resistance to immunotherapy in liquid milieus.
- The Associate Scientist will be responsible for supporting a variety of pre-analytical activities within the liquid biopsy team.
- The role will involve supporting in-process pre-analytical isolation and quality check of extracellular vesicles from plasma and serum samples, delivering results within project timelines, assay harmonization activities and evaluation of new analytical processes.
- The role will provide support within the liquid biopsy team.
- The qualified candidate is a motivated, interactive, and creative individual who possesses the ability to work across a matrixed environment to advance translational research.
- This is a laboratory-based position, which will primarily focus on new technology development, but will also include routine lab work, including sample processing, data acquisition, and analysis.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a strong background in protein purification & analysis, Electrophoretic techniques, and immunoassays.
- Prior experience in size exclusion and affinity-based chromatography, and experience with is clinical samples is a plus.
- We encourage aspiring scientists who are passionate problem solvers that thrive clinically relevant challenges, to consider this opportunity.
- A Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline
- BS with 1-3 years of post-graduate experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a high throughput lab environment.
- A strong background in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry, with the emphasis on experience and working knowledge of LC (UV/FL) (including SEC and affinity) and other chromatographic methodologies is preferred.
- Deliver results in line with project and team objectives. Have excellent knowledge and working experience in chromatography systems and Electrophoretic techniques, and immunoassays.
- Familiarity with laboratory inventory management system
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, written and orally, within the team and larger organization.
- Works independently and collaborates with other groups.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
John Bayog | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.