Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist
Job Number: 21-01867
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Associate Research Scientist for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This contract position will involve direct handling and processing of highly valuable clinical specimens from our external collaborators as well as tracking work in a laboratory inventory management system (LIMS).
- In addition, the role will involve coordinating sample intake, handling and entering complex patient metadata sets from our collaborators into the LIMS database, as well as providing detailed patient reports to project leads regarding study enrollment.
- The ideal candidate would have experience and/or knowledge in any of these methods and techniques:
- Isolation of PBMCs and plasma from whole blood, tissue processing (fresh, frozen and FFPE).
- Experience with cell enrichment (e.g. bead based sorting)
- Basic cell culture skills
- Sample tracking software tools (LIMS)
- Database management and basic analysis and statistics using visualization software
- Project/study management/clinical study design
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology or related field with 1-3 years of laboratory experience
- A self-starter, who is/can become technically proficient in a diverse set of techniques and assays with a focus on quality and speed, and will meticulously follow internal SOPs
- Highly detailed and meticulous, high standards of data entering and QC
- Must be highly adaptive to changing timelines and goals
- Must be comfortable taking on complex tasks with minimal direct supervision
- An excellent multitasker with an ability to be level-headed in a fast paced lab setting
- Team-oriented and comfortable working in a highly dynamic matrix environment across different locations
- Good basic lab skills required (pipetting, balances, etc.)
- Advanced skills in Excel and statistical/visualization software is a plus
- Prior experience working with patient samples (i.e. FFPE tissue, Fresh/Frozen tissue, blood) or working in a CLIA/GCLP/clinical environment is a plus
- Must be comfortable and able to work with human derived samples and potentially biohazardous / infectious material
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jay Lucas | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.