Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist
Job Number: 20-03325
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Associate Research Scientist for our client in Cambridge, MA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic associate to join our pre-sampling team in the Translational Medicine group.
- The position will involve direct handling and processing of highly valuable clinical specimens from our external collaborators as well as tracking work in a laboratory inventory management system (LIMS).
- This contractor will also be required to store samples appropriately, potentially assist with nucleic acid extractions, and assist in a variety of other lab organizational tasks to ensure efficient and organized processing of patient samples.
- This contractor will potentially be transitioned to a project coordinator role working closely with clinical coordinator management.
- The candidate will assist with entering sample metadata into the LIMS as well as providing monthly sample statistics to the team.
- This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an entry-level scientist to gain valuable experience and insight in the immuno-oncology space and will work closely with top scientists and engineers in their field.
- The ideal candidate would have experience and/or knowledge in any of these methods and techniques:
- Isolation of PBMCs and plasma from whole blood
- Sample tracking software tools (LIMS)
- Isolation of RNA/DNA/protein from whole blood, plasma, cells and tissues (frozen and FFPE)
- Tissue macro and microdissection of FFPE material, laser-capture microdissection
- Data management and basic analysis and statistics using visualization software
- Project/sample coordination
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology or related field with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Will be required to work a later shift (i.e. 12-8 pm, actual time TBD), on alternating days (no later than 9 pm) once trained
- A self-starter, who is/can become technically proficient in a diverse set of techniques and assays with a focus on quality and speed, and will meticulously follow internal SOPs
- Must be highly adaptive and an excellent multitasker with an ability to be level-headed in a fast paced lab setting
- Team-oriented and comfortable working in a highly dynamic matrix environment
- Good basic lab skills required (pipetting, balances, etc.)
- Prior experience working with patient samples (i.e. FFPE tissue, Fresh Frozen tissue, blood) or working in a CLIA/GCLP environment is a plus
- Must be comfortable and able to work with human derived samples and potentially biohazardous/infectious material
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Castañeda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.