Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Associate Research Scientist for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- We are seeking a highly-motivated research scientist with experience in image analysis and feature extraction of H&E and/or immunohistochemistry (IHC) stains to join our Digital Pathology team in the Translational Bioinformatics group.
- This group of computational scientists is responsible for advancing Client’s industry-leading pipeline, within the Immuno-Oncology space, through the strategic application of cutting-edge pathology image analysis and bioinformatics approaches.
- The group interacts with and impacts all aspects of R&D at Client, from early discovery through late-stage development.
- The successful candidate must have experience in utilizing pathology image analysis software in the quantification of IHC staining expression, including tumor/stroma classification and cellular feature extraction.
- The candidate should be able to perform statistical analyses and data visualization using data analysis packages such as R, Python, and/or MATLAB.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have experience with monoplex or multiplex IHC stain quantification (chromogenic and/or fluorescent) using various software platforms including Halo, Visiopharm, and Inform.
- Hands-on implementation/support of pathology whole slide image analysis tools and technology.
- Working alongside image scientists in the digital pathology group to manage, prepare and analyze pathology whole slide images to support Immuno-Oncology and other disease areas.
- Perform bioinformatics analyses and data visualization, including analytics associating image analysis features with response and survival data using cox regression models, hypothesis testing, ROC analysis, and other statistical tools
- Active participation in the testing of pathology image management and analysis systems, tools and technology
- Prepare and present findings from image analysis projects to other groups within Client.
- Collaborate with other image scientists to propose, review and finalize future image analysis algorithm development and project work.
- MS or PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Fluent in one or more digital pathology analysis software packages; including HALO, Visiopharm, Definiens, Inform and/or Aperio Image Analysis.
- Prior experience working within the biotech/pharma industry, processing and analyzing digitized pathology whole slide pathology images.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more analytics packages such as R, Python and/or MATLAB.
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills, and rigorous and creative thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to collaborate effectively with lab scientists and pathologists
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent, fast-paced projects.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact Jane Bautista at Jane@eclaro.com or at (201) 285-8622 and/or at https://www.linkedin.com/in/froilyn-jane-bautista-88751612a
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary