Associate, Quant Developer
Associate, Quant Developer
Job Number: 21-12808
Job Number: 21-12808
Eclaro is looking for an Associate, Quant Developer for our client in New York, NY.
This is a direct hire with the client. The client is a multinational investment bank and financial services company. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Applies knowledge of Capital Markets and advanced analytic algorithms and technologies (e.g. machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to deliver better predictions and/or intelligent automation that enables smarter business decisions, improved customer experience, and drives productivity.
- Applies strong communication and story-telling skills to summarize statistical/algorithmic findings, draw business conclusions, and present actionable insight in a way that resonates with business/groups.
- Drives innovation through the development of Data & AI products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices in in alignment with Data & AI governance frameworks of Client.
- Uses technical expertise to support growing the business of Capital Markets and delivering an exceptional customer experience in partnership with colleagues.
- Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Seeks to develop an understanding of client needs and outcomes and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Provides support for an outstanding client experience.
- Provides timely responses to all client questions and issues.
- Drives continuous service improvements and client satisfaction with an ultimate focus on business retention.
- Conducts research on market (micro) structure, develops and enhances models that drive the trading algorithms and analytics.
- Collaborates with internal Sales team and external clients on algorithm customizations.
- Develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical solutions.
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand distinct problems and expected outcomes, and models and frames business scenarios which impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Works with various data owners to Client and select available data from internal sources and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system, and alternative data) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Applies scripting / programming skills to assemble various types of source data (unstructured, semi-structured, and structured) into well-prepared datasets with multiple levels of granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Develops agreed analytical solution by applying suitable statistical & machine learning techniques (e.g., A/B testing, prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to test, verify, refine hypotheses.
- Summarizes statistical findings and draws conclusions, presents actionable business recommendations. Presents findings & recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
- Documents data flow, systems and processes in data collection to improve efficiency and apply use cases.
- Performs experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Uses the appropriate algorithms to Client patterns.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Supports development of tools and delivers training for data analytics and AI.
- Supports development and execution of strategic and product development initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within Client; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of distributed computing and/or distributed databases.
- Experience with distributed computing language (e.g. Hive / Hadoop/ Spark) & cloud technologies (e.g. AWS Sagemaker, AzureML).
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, Perl) and machine learning /deep learning algorithms/packages (e.g. XGBoost, H2O, SparkML).
- Experience in statistical analysis, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation.
- Knowledge of Capital Markets technical/business environment and processes.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
If interested, you may contact:
Elland Bondoc | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.