Job Number: 21-16626
Job Number: 21-16626
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for an Associate Director for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a global private equity firm that provides unique opportunities for value to its wide slate of investors. In a highly competitive industry, they are poised for success and create a work environment where you can thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Accounting Policy Junior Professional is responsible for helping to ensure compliance with all accounting requirements and accurate financial reporting for Client.
- Client is a global alternative investment manager whose primary business is to raise, invest and manage credit, private equity and real assets funds as well as strategic investment accounts, on behalf of pension, endowment and sovereign wealth funds, as well as other institutional and individual investors.
- For these investment management services, Client receives management fees generally related to the amount of assets managed, transaction and advisory fees, incentive fees and performance allocations related to the performance of the respective funds that it manages.
- Client has three primary business segments: Credit, Private Equity and Real Assets.
- Conducting research of US GAAP technical accounting issues and reporting matters regarding technically complex transactions, new business initiatives, acquisitions, new products and new contracts
- Writing accounting policy memos and drafting executive level presentations documenting facts, applicable accounting policy guidance, and conclusions
- Helping to ensure consistent application of existing accounting policies and manage the development of new policies and modification to existing policies by providing technical accounting research and supporting the implementation of new policies with business, finance, and external stakeholders
- Assisting with structuring strategic transactions from an accounting perspective Performing detailed assessment of new legal entities and reconsidering existing legal entities for consolidation
- Leading efforts to enhance and improve the process for consolidation of VIEs and voting entities
- Performing reviews of contracts and other documents as requested to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting treatment
- Keeping up to date with new accounting developments (e.g., FASB, SEC, etc.) and assisting with the implementation and adoption of new accounting standards
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders in addressing day-to-day business activities and associated accounting implications and the preparation of quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K
- Interfacing with internal and external auditors related to their annual audits and quarterly reviews of the financials
- Strong US GAAP technical accounting knowledge, experience with ASC 323, ASC 606, ASC 718, ASC 805, ASC 810 and/or ASC 820 a plus
- A minimum of 5 to 9 years of experience and CPA is required
- Prior experience with policy or a technical accounting advisory group or national office is preferred
- Individual must have strong drive and initiative
- Individual must be collaborative and able to effectively liaise with various internal stakeholders, as well as able to work independently
- Able to quickly convert technical research, interpretation into practical solution
- A forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at a time
- Ability to take on a task and "run with it to conclusion
If interested, you may contact:
Tony Clariza | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.