Assistant Gas Scheduler
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Assistant Gas Scheduler for our client in White Plains, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Job Overview: This role will support the Client's Fuel Supply & Operations department. The team is looking for a dynamic individual whose skillset match the job description. The assistant will have the opportunity to understand fueling cycles and streamline information and metrics within the energy unit.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide support in reviewing, reconciling and verifying vendor supply and transportation invoices for payment allocation purposes in conjunction with colleagues.
- Participate in the scheduling and confirmation of natural gas and/or oil deliveries on a daily (and “24/7” rotational) basis and help resolve fuel supply and delivery problems, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end accruals and monthly summaries of invoices/payments for the Accounting Department.
- Assist in the review and verification of financial settlements for fuel and transportation for payment (and/or vendor billing) purposes in collaboration with colleagues. Prepare and distribute summary reports of monthly financial settlements.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports.
- Help maintain information management systems (e.g., “FMS” integrated database system and EXCEL spreadsheets) and departmental documents/records in an audit ready state.
- Help calculate and track daily/monthly delivered gas volumes by pipeline, LDC (e.g., Con Ed and National Grid) and generating facility, including fuel consumption, gas imbalance volumes and oil inventory.
Education and Certifications
- Great customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently and responsibly
- Excellent speaking and communicating skills
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Good analytical ability and numbers comprehension required.
- Basic experience in maintaining books and financial recordkeeping – i.e. debits/credits.
- General understanding of the economic impact of decisions within the incumbent’s scope of authority required.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with stakeholders both inside and outside the organization required.
- Ability to use fully integrated data base systems such as the “FMS” system and pipeline Electronic Bulletin Board (“EBB”) systems, including software programs (i.e., Microsoft Excel and Word) required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Math, or related discipline.
- An Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Math, or related discipline maybe considered if individual demonstrates experience or competencies.
MUST BE FLEXIBLE, CHALLENGING WORK SCHEDULE
2 week period Monday through Friday
8 hour work day consisting of 7.5 hour work day and a .5 hour unpaid lunch
Proposed work schedule:
Friday: 1:00 P.M. – 11:00 P.M. (10 Hours)
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M. (14 Hours)
Sunday: 9:00 A.M. – 11:00 P.M. (14 Hours)
Monday: 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (8 Hours)
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation, sick leave or night differential
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.