Be a part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an Assistant Controller for our client in Albany, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the large insurance carriers specializing in worker’s compensation and disability benefits. If you’re up to the challenge, take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Manage the preparation of NYSIF's annual and quarterly statements (Yellow Book) for the Workers' Compensation Fund and Disability Benefits Fund filed with the New York State Department of Financial Services and the NAIC;
- Manage closing of the General Ledger for the Workers' Compensation Fund, Disability Benefits Fund and the Aggregate Trust Fund within five business days of month end;
- Manage the annual audit including the preparation of NYSIF's audited financial statements and footnotes for the Workers' Compensation Fund, Disability Benefits Fund and Aggregate Trust Fund;
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly reports for senior management and the Board of Commissioners such as Activity Based Costing, segment profitability and reporting, rate, volume and mix analysis;
- Contribute to process improvements and automation of various strategic initiatives such as the implementation of Hyperion;
- Support Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Capital Management and Measurement Initiatives; and Advise management on any risks and deficiencies of the business as illustrated by automated tools and KPI monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 6-10 years of accounting experience
- Preference may be given to candidates with a Master's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance and candidates who are Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) or have passed the Certified Public Accounting exam
- Candidate must possess a background in finance and have experience with various accounting software systems and system implementations
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups and macros, required. Preferred Qualifications Experience in insurance, financial services, public accounting and auditing is highly preferred
- Experience in information technology or financial project management experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be able to identify or troubleshoot complex business challenges while maintaining a good rapport with management and key stakeholders
Interested in applying?
Contact Maria Fe Navarro at maria.navarro@eclaro or you may also contact 513-725-0112.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.