Assistant/Associate ScientistBe part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Assistant/Associate Scientist for our client in Devens, MA.
Job Number: 21-03253
Job Number: 21-03253
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Will participate in the development and optimization of downstream processes for the production of biologics at different clinical stages, as well as assist in the development of a next generation downstream manufacturing platform.
- The successful candidate will be a key contributor to a highly technical, diverse, and collaborative team of scientists and engineers.
- PD scientists and engineers contribute to cross-functional teams to meet highly visible business objectives.
- This position offers the opportunity to interface with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Support, Analytical, Quality Assurance, and Global Regulatory Sciences groups.
- Design and execute protocols to solve process-related manufacturing investigations and drive process improvements by using laboratory and pilot scale-down models in protein chromatography, viral inactivation, viral filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, membrane filtration, depth filtration, and centrifugation.
- Document experimental data and results, verify and interpret data with respect to the laboratory protocol and manufacturing process.
- Evaluation and design of new process technologies, including multicolumn continuous chromatography (MCC) operations.
- Development of column cleaning strategies in order to prolong resin lifetime and increase process robustness.
- Buffer preparation and column packing.
- Appropriate GLP/GMP procedures must be followed.
- MS or BS in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 0 to 4 years of relevant industrial and/or academic experience.
- Knowledge of protein purification, protein stability, and demonstrated experimental skills for laboratory work are required.
- Experience with AKTA purification operations and UNICORN method writing is helpful.
- Experience with process scale-up/scale-down and process characterization is a plus.
- Critical qualities include a high degree of initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, strong scientific skills and attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jane Bautista | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.