Job Number: 21-01773
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Assistant/Associate Scientist for our client in Summit, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position in Biologics Process Development is to support the development of high-efficiency upstream processes for recombinant protein production.
- The successful candidate will perform laboratory maintenance, mammalian cell culture experiments as well as evaluate other innovative technologies at various scales.
- Conducting small to large scale bioreactor experiments for cell culture process optimization, which requires some flexible schedule/weekend work
- Operating 5L bench top bioreactors, and pilot scale single use bioreactors (50L-250L SUB)
- Investigating and manipulating cellular metabolism for process understanding and improvement
- Familiarity with cell culture analytical tool such Vicell Cell Counter, Nova Flex, Cedex Bio HT, Metaflex, and osmometer
- Evaluating process robustness and mitigation strategy for tech transfer and campaign support
- Managing laboratory activities such as: equipment set-up/calibration, SOP generation, and routine maintenance
- Managing laboratory maintenance such as routine equipment cleaning, ordering, and re-stocking of consumables
- Supporting media, feed, and chemical solution production activities
- Writing technical summaries and development reports
- Hands-on experience conducting cell culture experiments especially bench-top and single-use pilot scale bioreactor operation
- Familiarity with equipment used in cell culture processes and troubleshooting
- Pilot scale experience is a plus
- Knowledge of bioreactor characterization and engineering principles
- Basic understanding of biochemistry and cell metabolic pathway
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively within a team setting
- Proficient in computer systems and relevant applications
- Statistical application and programming is a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jay Lucas | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.