Job Number: 21-10779
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Aseptic Technician for our client in Kalamazoo, MI.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position is accountable for assisting with general microbiology-related laboratory work and general support of a fermentation pilot plant in conjunction with bioprocessing development activities.
- Under the general guidance of the microbiology team and pilot plant leadership, work is closely reviewed and will follow detailed instructions and procedures.
- Organizational Relationships:
- Primary interactions will be with the microbiology team and the B89 pilot plant.
- May also work with colleagues in the Process and Product Technology analytical group, with microbiologists in the Bioprocess Development Group, with microbiologists in API-Fermentation Operations, and with Maintenance personnel.
- Conduct a variety of experiments (e.g. shake flasks) under the close supervision of a scientist or team leader, and with detailed written instructions.
- Follow the progress of experiments and operations by various analytical procedures or instruments (e.g. balances, pH meters, biochemistry analyzers, etc.). Notify scientist if process deviates from normal or expected values.
- Report results both orally and by recording on appropriate notebook, data forms, or spreadsheets. Maintain a research notebook for laboratory operations and use standard computer applications (MS-Office, etc.).
- Help with pilot plant weigh-ups, equipment/parts organization, hose PM program, and organize/clean the shaker rooms. Maintain research laboratories as required (e.g. reagent inventories, waste disposal, lab organization, and safety-related periodic activities).
- Plan/organize daily tasks and interact as needed with other areas within the department.
- High school diploma/GED is required.
- Previous experience in a microbiology laboratory environment or aseptic processing facility is preferred.
- Proper understanding and execution of aseptic technique is a critical attribute for this position.
- Must be able to perform precise manipulations with excellent attention to detail as necessary in a laboratory environment; basic math skills are required and familiarity with MS-Office applications is preferred.
- Must have good organizational skills, flexibility in handling a variety of work assignments, and clear communication skills with lab coworkers and supervisors.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.