Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for an AS400 Developer for our client in Woodlands, TX.
Eclaro’s client has almost a century’s legacy of workplace innovation - delivering products, services, and solutions, improve quality of life, and drive sustainability. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Applications Developer is responsible for the support and development of custom developed AS/400 Synon code.
- This includes delivering high quality programs in AS/400 Synon, RPG and other related languages in the AS/400 area.
- The ideal candidate possesses strong AS/400 Synon programming skills and the ability to understand and analyze problems in code in the context of the required business need.
- This position serves a key role in supporting and keeping the current AS/400 custom solution viable and running and also enhancing the system to meet new business needs.
- The Applications programmer works closely with IT business analyst, testers and the IT operations team to deliver a viable end to end solution.
- Provide technical programming support of the AS/400 custom solution
- Provide technical design and solution delivery of assigned projects in AS/400
- Review and Analyze business requirements with the BA and help design solutions for major projects, and enhancements
- Provide subject matter expertise, effort estimates, impact assessment when required
- Provide technical solutions and perform code review of custom solutions in AS/400 in your areas of expertise
- Document technical design, data architecture and integration architecture for critical projects in AS/400
- Participate in proof of concepts for new technologies when required
- Create deployment and code migration documents before implementation of the solution
- Manage and provide technical support for AS/400 code migration tool – Implementor
- Provide impact assessment using X2E Impact assessment tool
- Work with testers to support integration test and UAT
- Provide on call support for AS/400 application
- Update ticket status in Service Now incident and problem management tool
- Update Confluence wiki with relevant technical documentation that will be helpful to the team
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems or related fields required. Master's degree or MBA preferred
- 5+ years technology experience with hands-on development experience
- Technical knowledge of AS/400 Synon is required. RPG knowledge is preferred.
- Strong presentation skills, especially in delivering key messages to senior leadership and cross-functional teams
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive change agent in the organization
Interested in applying? Contact Elland at 201-283-9624 or send your resume to email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.