Job Number: 19-09431
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for an Applications Specialist for our client in Chicago, IL.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying software solutions for Hedge Fund Services
- Propose new designs and modify existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system
- Partner with business leaders and business unit partners to define priorities and deliver custom solutions to solve business problems or address business needs
- Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to Business Unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of the project development cycle
- Acts as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs
- Design and develop high-performance programming language components used by trading applications
- Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core-trading applications
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise. Works at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation
- Focus of role is on execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Computer Engineering or Science curriculum is required. A MS Degree is preferred
- Experience with multi-threaded application design and development; including testing and deployment phases
- Experience with UNIX and key languages, e.g. Python, R, Perl, shell scripting. Strong server side programming experience with automation and backend support
- Experience building trading applications
- Experience with distributed systems. Experience designing and building real time desktop applications capable of handling large volumes of streaming data
- Experience developing Winforms applications
- Experience with agile project methodology and collaboration
- In-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and applications program development technological alternatives
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff required
- An understanding of financial markets and instrument types.Knowledge of different UNIX IPC mechanisms (sockets, shared memory, semaphores, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in C++ development experience on a UNIX platform.Strong skills in working with Opensource technologies, no-SQL database technology, micro service architecture, cloud-native development, continuous build, continuous integration and continuous deployment.Ability to work effectively with end users to define requirements
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the Business Unit's goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff
If interested, you may contact:
Patty Cabalar | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.