Job Number: 21-14123
Job Number: 21-14123
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for an Application Architect for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a global private equity firm that provides unique opportunities for value to its wide slate of investors. In a highly competitive industry, they are poised for success and create a work environment where you can thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Client is seeking a functional/technical Director, to lead, manage, direct, and deliver on strategic initiatives across business functions mainly focused on Corporate Finance.
- The ideal candidate will have functional and technical PeopleSoft Financials experience, along with strong project management and communication skills.
- The position requires strong knowledge and practical experience in accounting principles and practices.
- This role will lead onshore and offshore teams in the design, execution, and delivery of projects in support of our business partners in Corporate Finance.
- This role will manage and deliver on multiple simultaneous projects, while adhering to and supporting a Project Governance framework to ensure business value driven projects are given priority.
- The Director interfaces with business stakeholders at all levels up to and including the Managing Director Level to effectively execute on the priority projects.
- This role will also manage our international Financial Systems production support teams.
- This is a senior role within CFS and requires an experienced people manager who will establish a culture of feedback and openness and sets the example for thoughtfulness and quality in all work output.
- This position will report to the Principal of Corporate Finance Systems.
- Directly and indirectly manage a team of business analysts and technical developers to deliver on a variety of initiatives.
- Facilitate a collaborative working relationship with the business leads and provide guidance to the onsite-offshore team for solution design.
- Collaborate with technical teams on application design review, code review, web services design and implementation.
- Code development, using SQL, PL/SQL, PeopleSoft Tools, and other development tools as needed
- Document system design, create specifications, flow charts, and other related diagrams based on needs.
- Reviews and approves functional and technical solutions before they are implemented.
- Ability to manage workload and processes in fast paced/ever changing environment.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently. Ability to lead by influencing others.
- Initiates and recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
- Manages International Financial Systems production support teams.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots high priority system and user issues, coordinating issue resolution efforts across technical support teams and vendors; keeps management aware of high priority issues that impact the business and can clearly articulate business impact.
- Understands industry practices and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.
- Availability during UK working hours (GMT/BST) to provide overlap with US/UK and India based teams. Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs to support global platform.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to all levels within the organization.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as required.
- Lives one Client culture and values; Leverages every opportunity to raise the IT brand.
- Demonstrates full ownership and accountability for work product and initiatives.
- Establishes and drives priorities by balancing client needs with broader team/Technology goals.
- Operates independently on key deliverables; collaborates with team on cross-functional projects.
- Effectively manages (directly or indirectly) a team of onshore/offshore employees or consultants to bolster technical development and functional support.
- Relationship Management and Teamwork:
- As a trusted technology partner, establishes and maintains constructive relationships with key stakeholders, demonstrating a thorough understanding of business process and priorities for main stakeholders and enabling open communication channels with business partners.
- Encourages teamwork and cross department collaboration.
- Willing to jump in and provide expertise or assistance.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Identifies and recommends proactive prevention solutions and opportunities for continual improvements.
- Where needed, leads internal teams/task forces.
- Inspires others to stretch beyond what they thought they could do.
- 10+ years of ERP expertise delivering on finance solutions with experience supporting CAO/CFO teams on a variant of complex initiatives.
- Minimum of 7+ years industry full cycle experience of SDLC methodologies and approaches, including refining business requirements and defining functional specifications
- B.S. / B.A. with 7+ years of technology experience supporting Finance users
- PeopleSoft 9.2, PeopleTools: Integration Broker, Application Workflow Engine, PeopleCode
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Able to succeed within a highly demanding, fast paced and IT service-critical environment.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading complex projects including multiple parties both internal and external
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Salesforce, OneStream, and Microsoft's suite of product
- Accounting degree or hands on accounting experience.
- Understanding of system architecture, client/server technology, application administration and networks
If interested, you may contact:
Bridgette Marks | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.